Cloning a human through DNA and growing it into a living person?

kairunotabi

Is it possible to clone a living human through his or her DNA and grow it in the lab until it became a living person? And if it's possible, please tell me the process of doing such experiment.

And here's a bonus question, if the question above is possible, can we alter it to become an opposite gender? Let's say that the original DNA was from a male human and that DNA is somehow altered and grown into a living female human. Is such thing possible?

Even if it were possible in the future, it would be morally prohibited.

quote : And if it's possible, please tell me the process of doing such experiment.

Trust me, you will never get an answer here.

Edited by fresh

Oh give me a clone,

yes a clone of my own,

with the y chromosome changed for x

Then when I'm alone,

with this clone of my own,

we'll be thinking of nothing but sex.

Slightly more seriously the normal way of cloning yourself is to have children.OK, it's not quite perfect but the child has half their genes from you- so that's at least 50% the same DNA as you and your partner must be pretty closely related to you to be able to mate . At the least, they must be closer than a chimp and since a chimp has about 99% of the same DNA your partner's contribution to the child will be at least 99% the same as yours would be.

So any child is likely to share about 99.5% of the same DNA as you. That's pretty close to a clone.

Of course,they will be a lot younger than you which rather messes up the viewpoint expressed in that rhyme.

Did you realise that when you asked "can we alter it to become an opposite gender?"?

What did you have in mind for the clone?

And if it's possible, please tell me the process of doing such experiment.

- I mean to know how such things might happen and not the actual step-by-step guide since no one have done it before

Did you realise that when you asked "can we alter it to become an opposite gender?"

What did you have in mind for the clone?

I am writing a science fiction novel where a scientist accidentally created a clone of himeself but an opposite gender, the scientist presented himself as her father and the story goes on... It's not a child-rape novel, its a novel about a loving father

If you can convince the reader that it's possible to accidentally clone yourself, then swapping the sex shouldn't be a problem.

I'd make up something about the great leap forward made in cloning in 2016 when Dr Verylucky realised that it was easier to use reptilian cells to do some of the work.

The problem was that, in some reptiles, the sex is decided by the incubation temperature.

Just as long as nobody notices that reptiles have a totally different system for sex determination, you should be OK.

Is it possible to clone a living human through his or her DNA and grow it in the lab until it became a living person? And if it's possible, please tell me the process of doing such experiment.

And here's a bonus question, if the question above is possible, can we alter it to become an opposite gender? Let's say that the original DNA was from a male human and that DNA is somehow altered and grown into a living female human. Is such thing possible?

It is absolutely possible to clone a human being...it has been done with many other animals and there are many teams of scientists that have traveled out of the United States to do such cloning in secret in third world countries.

As far as grow a clone in a lab...I am not sure if they are yet able to do so but as far as using a woman and implanting a fertilized egg...absolutely. Such a clone would be born as a child although now that we are aware of the location of the AGING GENE within the Human Genome...I am certain eventually we will be able to BIRTH a fully grown human clone.

As far as such a clone being male or female...that is easy. All of us are Female for a time in our early stages of development within the uterus. Then a Hormone released here and there and POW! Man or Woman!

We can right now take a fertilized egg...and Genetically Engineer it to be male or female.

Split Infinity

It is absolutely possible to clone a human being...it has been done with many other animals and there are many teams of scientists that have traveled out of the United States to do such cloning in secret in third world countries.

As far as grow a clone in a lab...I am not sure if they are yet able to do so but as far as using a woman and implanting a fertilized egg...absolutely. Such a clone would be born as a child although now that we are aware of the location of the AGING GENE within the Human Genome...I am certain eventually we will be able to BIRTH a fully grown human clone.

As far as such a clone being male or female...that is easy. All of us are Female for a time in our early stages of development within the uterus. Then a Hormone released here and there and POW! Man or Woman!

We can right now take a fertilized egg...and Genetically Engineer it to be male or female.

Split Infinity

Umm. I am skeptical about your comment about hormones converting us into males and female. An XX male won't be fertile I think, not without the fertility genes on the Y, so producing normal children like that isn't always possible. Have evidence for that?

Edited by jp255

Umm. I am skeptical about your comment about hormones converting us into males and female. An XX male won't be fertile I think, not without the fertility genes on the Y, so producing normal children like that isn't always possible. Have evidence for that?

Here you go...from penn medicine org.

A baby’s sex is determined at the time of conception. When the baby is conceived, a chromosome from the sperm cell, either X or Y, fuses with the X chromosome in the egg cell, determining whether the baby will be female or male. Two X’s means the baby will be a girl, and XY means it will be a boy.

But even though gender is determined at conception, the fetus doesn’t develop its external sexual organs until the fourth month of pregnancy.

Let’s go to seven weeks after conception. You can see from the front that the fetus appears to be sexually indifferent, looking neither like a male or a female.

Over the next five weeks, the fetus begins producing hormones that cause its sex organs to grow into either male or female organs. This process is called sexual differentiation.

We don’t know what sex this fetus is yet, so we’ll have to be hypothetical here.... Now, if the fetus is a male, it will produce hormones called androgens, which will cause his sexual organs to form like this...

On the other hand, a female fetus would not produce androgens; she would produce estrogens… so her sex organs would form like this...

Now let’s take a look at something you may have missed. At seven weeks, the sex organs of a male and female look identical. Let’s add some color to see what happens during sexual differentiation. Keep your eye on the genital tubercle.

See that? The genital tubercle formed the penis in the male, (pause) and the clitoris in the female.

The penis and clitoris are called sexual analogs (pause) because they originate from the same structure.

Split Infinity

• 2 weeks later...

What I find interesting is that it is known that a Human Clone that let's say is brought to term and birthed from a Human Female after a Fertilized Egg that will develop into that Clone of a specific person...that Clone will be Physiologically Identical to the person from which it's DNA is derived from.

Now this happens close to the same when Identical Twins are born as a single egg is fertilized by a single sperm and early on it splits into two cell groups producing two children with 100% identical DNA. Some identical twins are called MIRROR TWINS as they are Mirror Images of each other as one is left handed the other right and as well even their FINGERPRINTS are mirror images of each other.

So in a case of a Human Clone...the child would be...in a true Clone...100% Identical DNA.

The point of interest to me is...since who a person is has as much to do with their Genetics as it has with their Upbringing or Condition...just how CLOSE will a Clone act and behave and have traits to the person they were Cloned from?

If a Cloned child was placed in almost identical environments as the person who was cloned...although this could never be at 100% identical...just how close to the same person Mentally could a clone become?

Split Infinity