Blood Type

give blood at a Red Cross Blood Drive. You can do a good deed and find out for free at the same time.

I don't know why people have different blood types - I wonder if it originally came from different populations being separated by long distances.

Why don't you start a poll and have every body click off what type they are?

I know that there is A AB B and O, and that each can be positive or negative.

Here is a web site that should help you understand it better:

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/human_bio/problem_sets/blood_types/Intro.html

• 3 weeks later...

Actually you only have to be 17 in the UK - not that that'll help you for another 14 months or so... good luck though if and when you do.

Btw, if they say "I'm a trainee nurse but I've done this lots of times, is it OK for me to take your donation...?" -

the answer is NO! :eek:

17 if u do it in school in Indiana

And why do people have different blood types?

genetics. there are three protiens that make the blood type. you have A, B, and +. if your blood type is O, then you are missing both A and B protiens. if you have -, then you are missing the + protien.

I donated blood when I was in high school and I couldn't have been more than 17 years old at the time. Got me out of gym class that day too, and we had to do our 2-mile run. :D I also donated blood a bunch of times in college. If I was low on money but wanted to have fun, I'd stop by the Red Cross bloodmobile that was always around campus and donate some blood. Then I'd hit the bar afterwards and get one or two beers and be completely wrecked. I helped save lives, plus I got drunk really cheaply. I couldn't do it all too often, but those times where I really wanted to get hammered but didn't have a lot of money worked out great. :D (BTW, I'm A-)