How many of you have received 404/forbidden errors?

blike

I havent had any in the past three days (Sunday monday and tuesday)

before that I remember something saying "error" that may have been it, but i dont remember what i was doing---i just backed off and tried again.

• 2 weeks later...

I get them if I click the links in the right hand 'last post' column, and occasionally clicking links in posts (internal ones). They're all the same as the one Jordan got:

Error 403 forbidden, additionally error 404 whilst trying to access ErrorDoc.

Still getting them today

I do not get any error messages, but often-- about once in every 5 or 6 posts, that I post-- I will get spontaniousely disconnected from the internet.

This does not happen elsewhere, only on this forum, and I am subscribed to several.

When I get back to where I was, the message that I tried to post is posted all right, so it must happen after the posying connection was made.

I am on AOL, with a DSL service through Verizon, if that resonates with any of you who are more computer literate than I.

AOL 9 for Windows is based on the IE engine. I have similar problems with IE 5.5, which they force us to use at work on account of being stuck in the age of steam engines.

Try using Mozilla, Firefox or Opera and see if the problem goes away.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting them more and more, or at least I'm getting peeved with them more and more, which may make them seem more prolific. Using Firefox 1.0.2, and it only happens when trying to link from email notifications & specific thread links. I can get them three times in a row from the same link and then it works the fourth time.

Very erratic. Very frustrating. I'm American, you can't forbid me anything or I get irate.