The Mind and the Brain - - Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force

When he speaks of reality the layman usually means something obvious and well-known, whereas it seems to me that precisely the most important and extremely difficult task of our time is to work on elaborating a new idea of reality. This is also what I mean when I always emphasize that science and religion must be related in some way.

Wolfgang Pauli, letter to M. Fierz, August 12, 1948

It is interesting from a psychological-epistemological point of view that, although consciousness is the only phenomenon for which we have direct evidence, many people deny its reality. The question: If all that exists are some complicated chemical processes in your brain, why do you care what those processes are? is countered with evasion. One is led to believe thatthe word reality does not have the same meaning for all of us.

Nobel physicist Eugene Wigner, 1967

Is copying and pasting from e-books, a violation of a copyright law? I can only suspect that it is, because if it were in fact illegal, then I seriously wonder, why would iBooks or Kindle for that matter, have a Select and a Copy button?

What do you want to discuss? What question are you asking? As it stands now, it appears as if you're putting forth a strange type of proselytization.

I am definitely NOT trying to:

1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.

2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.

I am merely stating the facts as they really are known to me from the perspective of a complete layman. But even that author of that book admits that that can be an extremely difficult task to work on elaborating a new concept of reality. He was quoting Wolfgang Pauli of Max Planck fame. If you have not heard his name then please search for it.

And he is certainly not a God and even he does not have all the answers which he himself admits to.

No human being (who is inherently flawed and perfect) can ever come close to painting the whole picture. And that is why scientists and philosophers continue to do their R&D.

I believe that there can never be an end to everything or anything.

Yes, I'm familiar with Pauli, but an appeal to authority is not the way to convince me (or other critical thinkers) of anything, really. With that said, I notice that you've still failed completely at addressing my question. What do you wish to discuss, exactly? This is not your blog or facebook wall. It's a discussion forum.

Could you answer Inow's question so i can understand what your getting at?
nobody said you were trying to convert anybody, However i have seen you going in this direction quite a few times.

are you trying to Point us in the direction of a book?

Are you making a point or asking question? could you make this clear please.

If psychiatric or psychological authority holds no solid foundation for you then you really must be a real genius yourself and I am so glad to have met you people only because I was the foolish one who was trying to explain and to discuss what power the mind holds for mankind. If this is not a relevant topic for discussion in a public forum on General Philosophy then perhaps I should be well advised as to which other public forum I should switch to. We are discussing human nature right here. If that is not appropriate then I believe that this particular forum should be locked. Before I prepare to really leave this forum and this site once and for all then perhaps I am going to do exactly that. You were absolutely right and I should be moving to Facebook or Twitter tonight itself. I hereby request the moderater to kindly lock all the forums that I have started because I am leaving now at long last. I have seen far too many uneducated people not only in real life but in the virtual world as well who are unable to understand me. Yet exactly as Dr. Jeffrey M. Schwartz had problems with his peers when he brought up new ideas they were almost always rejected initially but luckily for him he got it going real well later and is now the proud author of a book which Science magazine has said on the back cover that "This author and this book explore some of the hardest questions in mankind". I have not read it all but I now strongly believe that many but not all people in the real world or in the virtual world cannot understand his or my language. Call it the Death of Epistemology.

I hereby request the moderater once again to kindly lock all the forums that I have started because I am finally leaving now at long last.

If psychiatric or psychological authority holds no solid foundation for you then you really must be a real genius yourself and I am so glad to have met you people only because I was the foolish one who was trying to explain and to discuss what power the mind holds for mankind.

Pauli was a physicist, so not a psychological authority. That aside, iNow's point was that an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, and not a valid argument. It doesn't matter what someone has said, without evidence or even a well thought out argument, anything an authority figure says holds no more weight than what a 4 year old says.

If this is not a relevant topic for discussion in a public forum on General Philosophy then perhaps I should be well advised as to which other public forum I should switch to. We are discussing human nature right here. If that is not appropriate then I believe that this particular forum should be locked.

It may be a relevant topic, so please do tell what that topic may be.

I hereby request the moderater once again to kindly lock all the forums that I have started because I am finally leaving now at long last.

Because people are asking what you want to discuss?

I have seen far too many uneducated people not only in real life but in the virtual world as well who are unable to understand me.

How is it that you claim to have credible information regarding the level of education of others here and elsewhere online? You don't know me. You don't know the others who have posted here. You have no idea what their educational background is, nor what topics they've explored, nor in what depth they've done so, yet you make comments like the above regarding all of the uneducated masses you've encountered.

If you're leaving, I won't notice the loss TBH. Thus far, I'm hardly impressed... but at some point perhaps you will recognize that it doesn't help to blame an audience for failing to understand a message that is so poorly articulated and so pathetically made.

Maybe next time you will focus on crafting a clearer more coherent message instead of using your posts to lash out at those who bother not to simply ignore you completely.

I can see very clearly now for the first time ever in my life that people who are uneducated enough cannot even scratch the surface of what I am tring to discuss. They are lashing back at me because I am poking too many holes in their very tiny tea cups.

I believe you that you may be falsely thinking that I am trying to prosecute the masses. Pardon me but I would have to beg the dear Lord if I was doing exactly just that. He just send me an email saying that I am on the correct path (LOL).

Evading and avoiding topics of discussion is a pure and total act of cowardness. So stand up and fight for your rights now because I am being very directly assertive here as I feel I have the right to be.

Do you know the difference between assertion and agression and submission and passive aggression? If you don't then you should learn the art and the science of what is called "Assertive Communication".

!

Moderator Note

As long as the discussions are viable, civil and have enough to keep posters interested, threads remain open. The only reason other threads were locked is because they had no direction AND you claimed you were leaving. This one can be locked for those reasons, but not all the threads you've created are like this.

Evading and avoiding topics of discussion is a pure and total act of cowardness.

!

Moderator Note

Agreed, and it's also against the rules. Please stop doing this.