UFO...

imatfaal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22365368

Airliner 'had narrow miss with UFO'

The aircraft had been flying at 4,000ft when the incident happened

A passenger aircraft had a narrow miss with an unidentified object over Glasgow, a report has revealed.

The Airbus A320 was making its final approach to Glasgow Airport on 2 December when an object passed about 300ft underneath it.

The pilot of the aircraft said the risk of collision with the object, which did not show up on radar, had been "high".

A report by the UK Airprox Board said investigators were unable to establish what the object had been

I am a complete skeptic - but I noticed this article on auntie's website

Nope, I'm a complete sceptic. That's why I think that it's a tentatively identified flying object.

"When asked if he thought it may have been a "glider or something like that" the pilot replied: "Well maybe a microlight. It just looked too big for a balloon."

which isn't very newsworthy.

one thing i find odd when it comes to unexplained incidents of such,

the UFO's that are scene in examples appear to be primitive design.(there would be only one species that would be primitive)

i would assume majority of species as aliens would be more advance and so would there designs.

all the 1950 's examples or cases,

all the ufo's scene in them appear to be a 1950's era kind of design,

same as any era, the ufo's always seem to be structure from that era of design.

i just a thought tho

Nope, I'm a complete sceptic. That's why I think that it's a tentatively identified flying object.

"When asked if he thought it may have been a "glider or something like that" the pilot replied: "Well maybe a microlight. It just looked too big for a balloon."

It is good to be sceptical of any UFO report as all UFO means is Unidentified Flying Object.

Many sighting can be attributed to Highly Advanced USAF Aircraft but some sighting are very hard to debunk.

Anytime I read about a person claiming there exists no evidence of E.T. visitations I site for them U.S. Astronaut testimony such as Musgrave, Cooper, Glenn, Mitchell...etc.

These are men who have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by making such statements.

Split Infinity

Anytime I read about a person claiming there exists no evidence of E.T. visitations I site for them U.S. Astronaut testimony such as Musgrave, Cooper, Glenn, Mitchell...etc.

None of whom have, or claim to have, any evidence of E.T. visitations.

It is good to be sceptical of any UFO report as all UFO means is Unidentified Flying Object.

Many sighting can be attributed to Highly Advanced USAF Aircraft but some sighting are very hard to debunk.

These are men who have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by making such statements.

Split Infinity

Indeed, the best evidence for UFOs comes from important people who claim to have seen them.

This evidence is, however, a logical fallacy called "argument by authority".

Not very good evidence, is it?

Also , it's clear that these people have "everything to lose."

For example, if Buzz Aldrin said he had seen UFOs then he would suddenly stop being a pioneering astronaut.

(Unless, of course, he wouldn't)

LOL

So this is how UFO stories begin. Instead of just finding out what happened in Glasgow yesterday, the conversation already drifted off to the discussion about aliens. And then some of our experts jump in to make sure everybody knows that it is vital to look at the (total lack of) evidence. And in the meantime, nobody is discussing the event in Glasgow anymore, and everybody is instead talking about aliens!

I want to talk about the event in Glasgow.

What I think is the most important is when they discuss size: The object was small. Bigger than a balloon (they must mean a party balloon or weather balloon, not a hot air balloon), but probably smaller than any aircraft, as the pilot was willing to admit that it could be a microlight (maybe).

So, although it is pure speculation, I think an RC aircraft, or one of those quad-copters could be the UFO. Or perhaps a drone (military, or privately owned).

I know that weather ballons definitely exist.

I know that gliders definitely exist.

I know that micro-lights definitley exist.

I know that hang gliders definitley exist.

I know that radio controlled aricraft definitely exist.

I know that helicopters definitely exist.

I know that small aircraft definitely exist.

I know that all of these things have been seen in the airspace over Glasgow

I do not know if aliens exist.

What conclusion do you imagine I form, based on the foregoing.

Split Infinity

interesting, i never hear anyone talk about story musgrave.

nice touch.

The article states that such a craft would have shown up on radar and there was no radar trace.

Indeed, the best evidence for UFOs comes from important people who claim to have seen them.

This evidence is, however, a logical fallacy called "argument by authority".

Not very good evidence, is it?

Also , it's clear that these people have "everything to lose."

For example, if Buzz Aldrin said he had seen UFOs then he would suddenly stop being a pioneering astronaut.

(Unless, of course, he wouldn't)

If Aldrin had talked about E.T. when he was still doing missions he would be quickly Black Balled.

The Astronauts and Cosmonauts that have now talked about E.T. are at an advanced age where they simply don't care anymore what anyone might do to them.

However if you were some low level member of NASA unknown on a Public Level and started talking about such things...some very bad things would soon follow and threats to family would be involved.

I will talk about the logic of something and someone that many people now state all that was said or claimed by him has been debunked. Bob Lazar...who is now said to be dead. But let's talk about before his reported death.

He made claims he worked near the Groom Lake Proving Grounds or Area 51...and said he worked at a place known as S-4...where he saw Alien tech and craft as well as stated the USAF and Contractors were working and flying them as well as detailed out how they used an isotopes of element 115 in use for a Gravitic Drive. He also claimed to work at Los Alamos and many other things I will not go into as it is too long.

Now just about EVERY U.S. Official of every dept. of Military, Government and depts. of came forth to say this was all fantasy.

Here is the problem in the LOGIC. Even if Bob Lazar was full of B.S. and even if every single word he said was a lie...since he had MANY MANY OFFERS to speak, make Millions on Book Deals...Millions on TV or Film deals....Radio, Newspapers, Magazines....the list is ENDLESS. He was capable of making HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS....and since everyone was saying this was all fantasy and that he did not work on or for such groups or E.T. craft.....WHY? WHY? Did he not just take the money?

Instead the guy never came out of a home...was almost never seen...never talked to any media...never signed a Book Deal!

If you are not brealing the law or really risking your life by talking about E.T. and such craft why would a person not make the Millions the media was dying to give to him?

That is the LOGIC that cannot be denied!

Split Infinity

Come on SplitInfinity, you're going hopelessly off topic. If you wanna talk about the conspiracy theory around astronauts who do/don't want to talk about E.T., please open a new thread. (I'm asking kindly, because I am not allowed to moderate a thread where I participate myself).

This case was (probably) solved, and it turns out a balloon in the shape of a shark was floating around near Glasgow and gave some pilots a scare.

The article states that such a craft would have shown up on radar and there was no radar trace.

Radar returns are not black and white, either or, there or not. (And we would be more likely to use sonar to spot sharks. :) )

Radar returns are not black and white, either or, there or not. (And we would be more likely to use sonar to spot sharks. smile.png )

While I agree it was probably a balloon, even a small one seen under such circumstances would be difficult to even describe much less identify, but are you suggesting we cannot spot sharks with sonar?

Is there any reason to suppose that it wasn't a balloon?

Presumably the one lost by the child in the report?

If not, then Occam's razor kind of kills the UFO idea.

Split infinity,

Which of your statements do you actually believe?

"These are men who have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by making such statements."

or

"The Astronauts and Cosmonauts that have now talked about E.T. are at an advanced age where they simply don't care any more what anyone might do to them."

Split infinity,

Which of your statements do you actually believe?

"These are men who have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by making such statements."

or

"The Astronauts and Cosmonauts that have now talked about E.T. are at an advanced age where they simply don't care any more what anyone might do to them."

!

Moderator Note

If the answer involves aliens or conspiracies, do not answer this here. This is not a discussion about aliens or conspiracy theories.

!

Moderator Note

If the answer involves aliens or conspiracies, do not answer this here. This is not a discussion about aliens or conspiracy theories.

OK...since the name of this topic is UFO...let's talk about that...Unidentified Flying Objects which could be a number of things.

The area that this airline had an issue is known to have many sightings of which I am very certain maybe Highly Advanced USAF craft of various construction. Anywhere in the UK airspace there have been many reports of UFO's and especially over the channel.

Now the UK has some very important U.S. Military Bases and because of the very close relationship between the UK and the U.S. everything from USAF Stealth Aircraft flying to and from the U.K. usually at night or being refueled by U.K. based KC-135 Tankers as well as being refueled by a Not So Much anymore Top-Secret Stealth Tanker also based in the U.K....which during the very end of the Cold War...were performing Recon-Missions directly over Soviet-Block Eastern European Nations as well as flying over the European area of the then Soviet Union at night without ever being detected.

The U.K. is also most probably home to some very advanced U.S. Stealth Recon-Drones as well as Langley operated Armed Attack Stealth Drones as well as the better known Global Hawk and Predators. But it is the small and Stealth Designed Secret Recon-Drones that I think people are encountering or seeing and as it is now known that a Stealth Drone has been made with Light Panels...sort of like the exterior of the craft is a big Hi-Def TV screen that uses cameras to picture what the sky is above the craft and the "TV" screen below the craft show this...it is not a very difficult thing to do but what is tough is to make this happen on the skin of a Drone moving at a good velocity.

Since the USAF and Congress as well as the U.S. Dept. of Defense have decided that the Future of Military Aircraft of all types will be ROBOTIC as well as be both Stealthy for Radar...IR-Light and now Visually stealthy...I think there will be alot more of such encounters as has been detailed here.

This is just but one aspect of what the realities of UFO's are...there many other possibilities.

Split Infinity

What, no takers on the spotting sharks with sonar idea? Well to be precise sonar can indeed show fish, in fact even quite small ones, my neighbor has a quite moderately priced boat and he can see individual fish less than the size of my hand in impressive detail.

Is this thread about that one sighting or can we post info about others here?

What, no takers on the spotting sharks with sonar idea? Well to be precise sonar can indeed show fish, in fact even quite small ones, my neighbor has a quite moderately priced boat and he can see individual fish less than the size of my hand in impressive detail.

Is this thread about that one sighting or can we post info about others here?

Moontanman...I have heard and known about the Shark issue for some time and if you remember this was first done with Dolphins but for obvious reasons this was stopped and since people don't seem to have the same love for sharks...this was the next step.

Not to anger any MOD but to be honest...I am a bit confused as well as am being very timid in how I post upon this topic. This TOPIC is called UFO...and I would think that talking about all the possibilities of just what UFO's are...and this is a vast amount of possibilities as well as some knowns and many unknowns.

What I can't seem to understand is that the MODS feel it is perfectly OK for me to present a post detailing the possible U.S. Military Secret Aircraft angle for an explaination to what the topic first post question asks...but when I might go into more...let's say...EXOTIC explainations and answers to such questions detailing what UFO's maybe...it is NOT OK.

I full understand why the MODS want to keep conspiracy theories off this Forum as once that starts it is like opening a gate and what once might be a rational explaination for a possibility within such...EXOTIC explainations...will rapidly become a place for every fringe idea and concept to be posted without any basis in science and logic.

Still...with the exception of one of my posts here...I feel I have presented something based upon science, logic and High Probability.

Still...this forum is not my show and I will defer to the MODS.

Split Infinity

Moontanman...I have heard and known about the Shark issue for some time and if you remember this was first done with Dolphins but for obvious reasons this was stopped and since people don't seem to have the same love for sharks...this was the next step.

Not to anger any MOD but to be honest...I am a bit confused as well as am being very timid in how I post upon this topic. This TOPIC is called UFO...and I would think that talking about all the possibilities of just what UFO's are...and this is a vast amount of possibilities as well as some knowns and many unknowns.

What I can't seem to understand is that the MODS feel it is perfectly OK for me to present a post detailing the possible U.S. Military Secret Aircraft angle for an explaination to what the topic first post question asks...but when I might go into more...let's say...EXOTIC explainations and answers to such questions detailing what UFO's maybe...it is NOT OK.

I full understand why the MODS want to keep conspiracy theories off this Forum as once that starts it is like opening a gate and what once might be a rational explaination for a possibility within such...EXOTIC explainations...will rapidly become a place for every fringe idea and concept to be posted without any basis in science and logic.

Still...with the exception of one of my posts here...I feel I have presented something based upon science, logic and High Probability.

Still...this forum is not my show and I will defer to the MODS.

Split Infinity

I doubt many here are more pro UFO investigation than me, it's a difficult subject to quantify much less discuss rationally. There are some sighting that are simply inexplicable and only some very strange phenomena seem to fit. Everytime we try to discuss it we get people who wouldn't accept a landing on the white house lawn to people who think every light in the sky is an alien spacecraft. Everytime we try to discuss it rationally the silly season opens up and it goes nuts quite soon...

I doubt many here are more pro UFO investigation than me, it's a difficult subject to quantify much less discuss rationally. There are some sighting that are simply inexplicable and only some very strange phenomena seem to fit. Everytime we try to discuss it we get people who wouldn't accept a landing on the white house lawn to people who think every light in the sky is an alien spacecraft. Everytime we try to discuss it rationally the silly season opens up and it goes nuts quite soon...

I agree with your assessment. It is unfortunate that some would do such things that place a wall in front of certain possibilities pertaining to this topic that should be discussed.

But like both you and I agree...it is impossible to do this without others presenting ideas and presenting claims not based upon science and at the very least...Logic.

Split Infinity

I agree with your assessment. It is unfortunate that some would do such things that place a wall in front of certain possibilities pertaining to this topic that should be discussed.

But like both you and I agree...it is impossible to do this without others presenting ideas and presenting claims not based upon science and at the very least...Logic.

Split Infinity

Sometimes it helps to split it up into time periods, the last 15 years or so is just nuts with photoshop and the world wide context to fake UFO films and pics. But go back further and stuff starts to show up that is not part of that crazy crowd like this one.

http://www.nicap.org/coyne.htm