Number of Dimensions

Space is not a dimension.

Time is a dimension.

Animals are not a dimension.

Humans are not a dimension.

Gods are not a dimension.

Energy is not a dimension.

Matter is not a dimension.

In fact, to sum it up, nothing you've listed is a dimension.

A question for you: Do you know what the definition of a dimension is? Do they teach that at the Indira Gandhi elementary school?

No, because I never went to Science school. I don't have any formal education in Science, nor do I wish to. Simply because (LOL):

Did Gautam Buddha know what a dimension is? Did Jesus Christ? Did Allah? Did Krishna and Vishnu and Brahma and Arjun and Shiva and Yamraj? Did Satan? Any God or Goddess or Villain or Villianess been to "elementary school"?

Did Gautam Buddha know what a dimension is? Did Jesus Christ? Did Allah? Did Krishna and Vishnu and Brahma and Arjun and Shiva and Yamraj? Did Satan? Any God or Goddess or Villain or Villianess been to "elementary school"?

Disregarding the fact that most of who you mention never existed in the first place, some in that list thought the world rested on a turtle. Your move.

Edited by pwagen

Science isn't a democracy.

It doesn't matter how many people believe something is true if an experiment shows that it isn't.

And, since you are arguing about the meaning of a word in English, perhaps you should accept that the English speaking world is likely to get the meaning right.

Please, explain how and why you say, that Science isn't a Democracy. Because, from your perspective, if if I have understood it correctly, Science is Science and Democracy is the Government. Right or wrong? Then, please explain to me, or is it that the Democracy can keep its mouth shut ,while Science is better left to the Aliens?

Experiments are so neccessary, to prove and to validate things, that they even have a word for that, which you may certainly be familiar with. Empiricism?

And I am not arguing, I am merely discussing. This is not The World War, but this is just a simple discussion forum. As the Forum Moderator is correctly saying, please keep it that way. Am I right, Mr Moderator?

Not to mention all three jerks and jounces.

But, as far as the use of English in science is concerned, most of the things in the OP are not dimensions.

Btw, what is an OP?

LOL

So skilled, but not skilled enough to know what infinitessimal means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinitesimal

And I don't think OCD is rare enough round here to impress anyone.

Why are you telling me to look up Wikipedia? Don't you know the answer yourself? Can't you stop cheating by sending me off to Wikipedia? Don't you know the answer yourself? Or, are you not skilled enough to get it out of your own head and post it into the forum? And, can you even spell "infinitessimal" correctly, as you say Wikipedia puts it? Or, is it spelt as "Infinitesanimal" (LOL)?! Mr Moderator, before I die laughing, or crying, or worse still, leave this forum, can you please tell everyone, that this is a very big game, on a very big website, and that people better mind the tone of their language, because if they don't, I will have to assert my rights, as a member of this forum. Do I have that right to assert myself, if someone is flaming me in a public forum?

Whilst I agree that the OP hasn't offered anything substantial or scientific to support his proposition, I cannot agree that dimensions are per se orthogonal.

Buckingham dimensions have no orthogonality and, conventionally, there are six of them.

I note Bignose echoing my comment about generalised coordinates.

What does OP mean?

Please, explain how and why you say, that Science isn't a Democracy. Because, from your perspective, if if I have understood it correctly, Science is Science and Democracy is the Government. Right or wrong? Then, please explain to me, or is it that the Democracy can keep its mouth shut ,while Science is better left to the Aliens?

It's all because of you mentioning quantity of your nation.

In science quantity of nation doesn't matter, but quality of individuals.

Bad/none educated nation is less capable to discovery and 1.2 billion of people with large part not even capable to read, has less chance to find something than 100 PhD in western country.

Experiments are so neccessary, to prove and to validate things, that they even have a word for that, which you may certainly be familiar with. Empiricism?

So you should make experiments confirming existence of your dimensions, and show us results for verification.

Btw, what is an OP?

Original Poster. You.

Edited by Przemyslaw.Gruchala

Disregarding the fact that most of who you mention never existed in the first place, some in that list thought the world rested on a turtle. Your move.

Jesus Christ did not exist? He was a "living" human being, just like the rest of us, and so was Gautam Buddha. They WERE living beings. The day that Jesus Christ died, the Calendar changed from AD to BC. And, the Buddhist Calendar, is built into every iPad and iPhone, that is sold these days. Either, Apple is very dumb, or, worse still, I am very dumb.

The day that Jesus Christ died, the Calendar changed from AD to BC.

Do you know at all what AD and BC means?

From AD to BC?

AD = Anno Domini

BC = Before Christ

Calendar didn't change.

People hundred years later did that.

Roman Empire people used its own calendar for hundred years after Christ (dating from the founding of Rome)

Edited by Przemyslaw.Gruchala

Bad/none educated nation is less capable to discovery and 1.2 billion of people with large part not every capable to read, has less chance to find something than 100 PhD in western country.

So you should make experiments confirming existence of your dimensions, and show us results for verification.

Original Poster. You.

I totally agree with you on that America is far ahead of India both in terms of quantity and in quality of Science because our nation is very "c*****t".

Jesus Christ did not exist?

While we could discuss the existence of a historical Jesus all night, you should probably learn to understand English if you want to make any headway whatsoever. I never mentioned Jesus. Nor did I say "all". So it's either a mistake from your side due to not being able to understand English, or it's a straw man.

Bad/none educated nation is less capable to discovery and 1.2 billion of people with large part not every capable to read, has less chance to find something than 100 PhD in western country.

Original Poster. You.

I can't make experiments, I am not a trained scientist, or a trained engineer. I can only quote what authors with Ph.D.'s say in their books.

How have I become "OP"? Original Poster or Operation Manager?

Do you know at all what AD and BC means?

From AD to BC?

AD = Anno Domini

BC = Before Christ

Calendar didn't change.

People hundred years later did that.

Sorry, I believe you may be wrong here. Can someone come forward and clear up this disagreement?

I can't make experiments, I am not a trained scientist, or a trained engineer. I can only quote what authors with Ph.D.'s say in their books.

Everybody can make experiments.

Prism costs $10.

Laser pointer $3-$30

Building cloud chamber cost $13 (at least here) for detecting particles.

How have I become "OP"? Original Poster or Operation Manager?

Unbelievable..

While we could discuss the existence of a historical Jesus all night, you should probably learn to understand English if you want to make any headway whatsoever. I never mentioned Jesus. Nor did I say "all". So it's either a mistake from your side due to not being able to understand English, or it's a straw man.

When my psychiatrist who cost me only a thousand dollars a session, for two hours only, five times a week, for only 12 years, began to throw his hands up in the air whenever I opened my mouth about Quantum Physics, what English was left for me to understand or learn when I had finished reading the entire 2500 page Merck Manual and the 1500 page Diagnostic And Statistical Manual over four years ago?

Everybody can make experiments.

Prism costs $10.

Laser pointer $3-$30

Building cloud chamber cost $13 (at least here) for detecting particles.

Unbelievable..

Why should I bother making any experiments? Let the Harvards and Stanfords do that. I only do psychiatric and psychological experimentation. Because only that helps us change our lives for the better. Not kaleidoscopes and telescopes and deep space and dark matter and electrons and photons. That has nothing to do with the human being and his life. That is all called "Materialistic Reductionism."

Sure. You're wrong. Happy to help.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar

That was exactly the Calendar I was referring to, except that I forgot to mention it.

I'd say that none of them knew what a dimension is, but since they're not pretending to post about dimensions on a science forum, they don't have to.

But then, since nothing you're posting has any scientific content, you don't have to know either.

I'd say that none of them knew what a dimension is, but since they're not pretending to post about dimensions on a science forum, they don't have to.

But then, since nothing you're posting has any scientific content, you don't have to know either.

Please look up the topic I have started called Quantum Physics. I hope you can understand it. Best of luck, mate.

Did Gautam Buddha know what a dimension is? Did Jesus Christ?

hmm, just a thought,

but if his supposed father created everything from nothing, in a somewhere, but no where because nothing exist place,

then i would have to assume the answer would be yes.

smile.png i'm sorry, i'm just being a dick. i'll stop.

Edited by krash661

hmm, just a thought,but if his supposed father created everything from nothing, in a somewhere, but no where because nothing exist place,then i would have to assume the answer would be yes.:) i'm sorry, i'm just being a dick. i'll stop.

What are you saying "Yes" to? That they DID have a formal degree?

What are you saying "Yes" to? That they DID have a formal degree?

I can not find the words to describe how elementary your mentality is.

you lack comprehension on a what's called, highest levels.

and after reading many of your post,

i have came to the conclusion,

you never understood a majority of what you have been learning.

Please look up the topic I have started called Quantum Physics. I hope you can understand it. Best of luck, mate.

You cut and paste from wiki, not showing that you had the faintest idea what you were copying.

!

Moderator Note

If this thread does not return to the original topic of dimensions it will be locked. We are not here to discuss levels of academic achievement of religious figures, nor education in different countries, and definitely not make comments about other members level of knowledge.

Back to Dimensions.

!

Moderator Note

If this thread does not return to the original topic of dimensions it will be locked. We are not here to discuss levels of academic achievement of religious figures, nor education in different countries, and definitely not make comments about other members level of knowledge.

Back to Dimensions.

Are you warning me or are you warning them?

Are you warning me or are you warning them?

!

Moderator Note

I am warning everyone and anyone who wishes to continue to derail this thread which is about dimensions. Back on topic please - and that also means no discussion of moderation notes; if you have a problem with a modnote then report the post or PM a member of staff