Gautam Buddha's Tea Cup

Prove it.

So you're cherry picking the good bits and leaving out the atrocities?

No, it's not. And there's not a shred of evidence of a soul.

Why? You've not acknowledged my answer regarding brain energy. However, what you're asking is known as "appeal to popularity" if my memory serves me. It's a fallacy, so not a good thing.

This is hilarious! You're taking back a death threat, not because it's wrong or a felony, but because you might be arrested? And you dare talk to me about respect?

"Gee, I don't want to be arrested, so I take back stabbing you with a knife, mmkay?"

Now I am starting to have some real fun for the first time ever in my life. Coming across people (leaving out name calling for sake of respect) who don't even know the elementary difference between Metaphysics and Quantum Physics.

You want proof of a soul, Mr Disbeliever? Come here and I'll show you. I'll keep the ambulance ready for you in case you Syncope.

What is cherry picking? What atrocities am I leaving out?

You can stab me or slap me if you want. I will simply respond with non violence.

“How? Through the mental act of focusing attention, mental effort becomes directed mental force. “[T]he effort to attend,” James believed, may well be a true and genuine “original force.” Modern neuroscience is now demonstrating what James suspected more than a century ago: that attention is a mental state (with physically describable brain state correlates) that allows us, moment by moment, to “choose and sculpt how our ever-changing minds will work, [to] choose who we will be the next moment in a very real sense…. Those choices are left embossed in physical form on our material selves.” If James was speaking metaphorically, he was also speaking with almost eerie prescience. For it is now clear that the attentional state of”

Excerpt From: Jeffrey M. Schwartz & Sharon Begley. “The Mind and the Brain.” HarperCollins, 2002. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=360640459

“the brain produces physical change in its structure and future functioning. The seemingly simple act of “paying attention” produces real and powerful physical changes in the brain. In fact, Stapp’s work suggests that there is no fully defined brain state until attention is focused. That physical activity within the brain follows the focus of attention offers the clearest explanation to date of how my hypothesized mental force can alter brain activity. The choice made by a patient—or, indeed, anyone—causes one physical brain state to be activated rather than another. A century after the birth of quantum mechanics, it may at last be time to take seriously its most unsettling idea: that the observer and the way he directs his attention are intrinsic and unavoidable parts of reality.

Finally, in the Epilogue, we attempt to come to terms with why any of this matters. One important answer is that the materialist-determinist model of the brain has profound implications for notions like moral responsibility and personal freedom. The interpretation of mind that dominates neuroscience is inimical to both. For if we truly believe, when the day is done, that our mind and all that term entails—the choices[…]”

Excerpt From: Jeffrey M. Schwartz & Sharon Begley. “The Mind and the Brain.” HarperCollins, 2002. iBooks.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=360640459

“subjective sense of freedom is a “user illusion.” Our sense that we are free to make moral decisions is a cruel joke, and society’s insistence that individuals (with exceptions for the very young and the mentally ill) be held responsible for their actions is no more firmly rooted in reason than a sand castle is rooted in the beach. In stark contrast to the current paradigm, however, the emerging research on neuroplasticity, attention, and the causal efficacy of will supports the opposite view—one that demands the recognition of moral responsibility.

And it does something more. The implications of directed neuroplasticity combined with quantum physics cast new light on the question of humankind’s place, and role, in nature. At its core, the new physics combined with the emerging neuroscience suggests that the natural world evolves through an interplay between two causal processes. The first includes the physical processes we are all familiar with—electricity streaming, gravity pulling. The second includes the contents of our consciousness, including volition. The importance of this second process cannot be overstated, for it allows human thoughts to make a difference in the evolution of physical events.

Because the question of mind—its existence and[…]”

“or shyness, or happiness, or impulsivity—or any of the dozens of human behavioral traits that are now being correlated with the chemical messages encoded on our twisting strands of DNA.

Let us turn to the duality of mind and brain.”

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-mind-and-the-brain/id360640459?mt=11

Good enough? Want more?

“It was some 2,500 years ago that Alcmaeon of Croton, an associate of the Pythagorean school of philosophy who is regarded as the founder of empirical psychology, proposed that conscious experience originates in the stuff of the brain. A renowned medical and physiological researcher (he practiced systematic dissection), Alcmaeon further theorized that all sensory awareness is coordinated by the brain. Fifty years later, Hippocrates adopted this notion of the brain as the seat of sensation, writing in his treatise on seizures: “I consider that the brain has the most power for man…. The eyes and ears and tongue and hands and feet do whatsoever the brain determines…it is the brain that is the messenger to the understanding [and] the brain that interprets the understanding.” Although Aristotle and the Stoics rejected this finding (seating thought in the heart instead), today scientists know, as much as they know anything, that all of mental life springs from neuronal processes in the brain. This belief has dominated studies of mind-brain relations since the early nineteenth century, when phrenologists attempted to correlate the various knobs and bumps on the skull with one or another facet of personality or mental ability. Today, of[…]”

“surface of the skull, do their mapping with brain imaging technologies such as positron emission tomography (PET) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), which pinpoint which brain neighborhoods are active during any given mental activity.

This has been one of the greatest triumphs of modern neuroscience, this mapping of whole worlds of conscious experience—from recognizing faces to feeling joy, from fingering a violin string to smelling a flower—onto a particular cluster of neurons in the brain. It began in the 1950s, when Wilder Penfield, a pioneer in the neurosurgery of epilepsy, electrically stimulated tiny spots on the surface of patients’ brains (a painless procedure, since neurons have no feeling). The patients were flooded with long-forgotten memories of their grandmother or heard a tune so vividly that they asked the good doctor why a phonograph was playing in the operating theater. But it is not merely the precision of the mental maps that has increased with the introduction of electrodes—and later noninvasive brain imaging—to replace the skull-bump cartography beloved of phrenologists. So has neuroscientists’ certainty that tracing different mental abilities to specific regions in the brain—verbal working memory to a spot beneath the[…]”

“left temple, just beside the region that encodes the unpleasantness of pain and just behind the spot that performs exact mathematical calculations—is a worthy end in itself. So powerful and”

“enduring has been Alcmaeon’s hypothesis about the seat of mental life, and his intellectual descendants’ equating of brain and mind, that most neuroscientists today take for granted that once you have correlated activity in a cluster of neurons with a cognitive or emotional function—or, more generally, with any mental state—you have solved the problem of the origin of mental events. When you trace depression to activity in a circuit involving the frontal cortex and amygdala, you have—on the whole—explained it. When you link the formation of memories to electrochemical activities in the hippocampus, you have learned everything worth knowing about it. True, there are still plenty of details to work out. But the most deeply puzzling question—whether that vast panoply of phenomena encompassed by the word mind can actually arise from nothing but the brain—is not, in the view of most researchers, a legitimate subject for scientific inquiry. Call it the triumph of materialism.”

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-mind-and-the-brain/id360640459?mt=11

Coming across people (leaving out name calling for sake of respect) who don't even know the elementary difference between Metaphysics and Quantum Physics.

Oh boy, oh boy, might it be me he's talking about!

I never mentioned quantum physics though. I simply disagreed with your own private definition of metaphysics.

You want proof of a soul, Mr Disbeliever? Come here and I'll show you. I'll keep the ambulance ready for you in case you Syncope.

You can stab me or slap me if you want. I will simply respond with non violence.

More threats? And yes, sending nukes over a disagreement online is very non violent of you.

As for your 14 book quotes, you yourself accused someone who linked Wikipedia of not being intelligent enough to formulate his own explanations. So where does that leave you?

I am not threatening you, I am telling you to kick me up MY ass, not yours. Those nukes were virtual, not real. It was an imaginary threat, certainly not a real one. We don't seem to be speaking the same language, so let's just break the friendship. I too have better things to do, as I am sure you certainly do too. That leaves me with that question I asked you, that how does the Brain generate or create the Mind, which you have not yet acknowledged. Answer that or I will leave from here. Final Warning. Game Over.

You called gods assholes? Then you must be the biggest one yourself, because he brought Humanity, and the Universe you live in, into existence.

hmm,

interesting,

I'm curious how,

god created everything from nothing, in a somewhere, but no where because nothing exist place,

and also,

tell me the difference between a god that exists but does not manifest in this reality

and a God that does not exist.

I did answer your brain question. Surprisingly, you ignored my answer. But here it is again:

As for the brain having an "intangible energy", how would you know, if it's intangible? Brain activity is made up of neurons firing off electrical impulses, very measurable. But even if nobody could explain where our minds come from, that still wouldn't give credence to a god who fathered himself then killed himself to save us from the sin our ancestors brought upon us back when we were living in a garden instead of on the back of a turtle.

Sorry, no more of that God crap for me. My mistake. Please forgive. It was all meant to be about energy. That is all that everything is made up of. Including matter, and maybe even space and time. So no God, just energy please. CMBR and all of that proven stuff.

I did answer your brain question. Surprisingly, you ignored my answer. But here it is again:

Please go to the topic entitled "The Matter of Mind" where I have brought this all up.

why do seven billion idiots, on this planet Earth, go to temples, churches, mandirs, and gurudwaras. Because, if there is indeed no God, then you have just proved to me, that there are seven billion idiots, living on this planet Earth, believing in a God, whom you have called imaginary.

Um, this is not accurate at all.

not every single individual in existence goes to church or practices religion.,

i fore sure do not,

and i would assume those who do would be around 1-3 % of humanity. but that's just a thought.

I called off the nukes, because I didn't want, some Goverment official, reading this, and the next thing, that I know, is that I am sitting in a jail. Why has the Moderater not deleted my sentence on nukes yet? Because, if he doesn't hurry up, I could be arrested, for writing material like that.

CALLING MODERATOR - please delete the following line immediately:

I am just short of dropping a 100,000 kiloton nuclear bomb, and that two on American soil, via my own virtual Stealth Bomber.

beside that your endorphins are ruled by your emotions and when you perceive your self suffering

there must be a chemical release by your emotional disparity,

maybe you should have used your brain before making terrorist threats on the internet.

be responsible for your actions and words.

Edited by krash661

en·dor·phin

en·dor·phin [en dáwrfin]

(plural en·dor·phins)

n

natural painkiller: a substance in the brain that attaches to the same cell receptors that morphine does. Endorphins are released when severe injury occurs, often abolishing all sensation of pain.

once again you lack comprehension.

Edited by krash661