Gautam Buddha's Tea Cup

The family name of the Buddha was Gautama.

I do not agree. And neither does Google. And nor does Yahoo. Only Wikipedia does agree with you. But that is only because it is extremely well known for making grave errors and mistakes. And there is ample proof of that if you look up any of those two search engines that I mentioned.

well the thing with search engines is that it shows what was clicked on the most on a list of order.

this does not imply what ever comes up in search is accurate,

as for wkki, the errors were of the past, plus it's possible you do not understand nor know how to use wikki, and maybe do not understand what citations and such are.

just a thought tho.

Well, then have it your way. Or, maybe not. If you are trying to convey to me, that Wikipedia is more accurate than either Google or Yahoo, which they unfortunately rank as the among the top websites ever visited, which are open sourced, then those search engines should close down right now, because I have been personally using them for the last 20 years, and now I am being told that I don't know how to use Wikipedia, when my experience in Compuers and Internet goes back 20 years!

just a thought tho., brother.

well,

it's obvious from your comment that you do not understand wikki. simple.

it appears you do not understand what i said also.

and also your experience in computers and internet is irrelevant in a sense, this show nothing.

everyone(in a sense)has been using computers and internet for years.

what i have learned, years means nothing when it comes to knowledge or such,

it's an illusion, it's a matter of the capability of an individuals brain.

whether it takes years for this to occur, is dependent on the individual.

not so much of convey but show reality.

Edited by krash661

Please see this image. There is a serious error in your spelling.

!

Moderator Note

I can change the spelling in the title back, if you prefer. I was unaware of the multiple versions.

Also, for everyone, let's focus on the arguments to keep the discussion from being personal.

Sure. Change it back if you want to be consistent with the people who mispell it and show up on Google searches. It will tell people that you haven't done your homework. I wasn't aware that Google offered information on these things, and as yet I've never come across a Buddhist writer using a variant spelling.

Edited by PeterJ

!

Moderator Note

Done. Sorry about the change.

Please don't apologize. As human beings, each of us is completely and totally entitled to make mistakes and errors and to have flaws. Because that is how we learn from our mistakes. That is the very essence and the very imperfect nature of Homo Sapiens. As you would obviously know, Perfectionism will alwaws remain a dream, obviously because new things ate being discovered every second as time flys by us. And I am ETERNALLY grateful and will remain forever indebted in the deepest of gratitude and humility to my masters and teachers and prefects and moderators for showing me the correct way forward. I wish to come out last while it seems I am already coming first on this forum. I don't know what buttons I am hitting on my keyboard on how many holes I am poking in people's tea cups.

"Life is a school. The primary meaning and purpose of life is that it is a classroom for growth in consciousness."

Chaper 20

Personal Meaning

The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook

Fifth Edition

Edmund J. Bourne, Ph.D.

This is very strange. In ten years of inyensive reading I've never noticed Gautama spelt without a final 'a'. Before I mentioned the spelling mistake here I checked Wikki just in case I was going senile. Sure enough, no mention of any variant spelling.

But I just did a search and it's a perfectly common spelling. This I do not understand. I shall investigate and report back.

What is this discussion supposed to be about, by the way? Something about a tea cup.

This is very strange. In ten years of inyensive reading I've never noticed Gautama spelt without a final 'a'. Before I mentioned the spelling mistake here I checked Wikki just in case I was going senile. Sure enough, no mention of any variant spelling.

But I just did a search and it's a perfectly common spelling. This I do not understand. I shall investigate and report back.

What is this discussion supposed to be about, by the way? Something about a tea cup.

The spelling does not matter to me any more. It's not the end of the world for me if there is a slight error in spelling between two different continents.

Hey, hey. You watch it, fella. Calling Gautam Budhha, as a Buddha Titty, is akin to calling God, a complete a*****e.

Except that most of those imaginary friends (gods) people cling to, actually are complete assholes.

Except that most of those imaginary friends (gods) people cling to, actually are complete assholes.

Mr Moderater, I am being DEAD serious, with you personally now. This has become a f*****g international and virtual third world war, wherein mr pwagen has resorted to calling people complete a******s. If you do not expel him, from this public forum right now, for doing this, I will be left with no choice, but to counter attack, by directly threatening you, of all beloved people, to leave this bleeding public forum, right now. Let the people have their say on this. Bring it up as a MAJOR issue. I am just short of dropping a 100,000 kiloton nuclear bomb, and that two on American soil, via my own virtual Stealth Bomber. Btw, as a passing note, it would probably be better, that you expel me, from this public forum, and remove all of my posts, if you want to right now, for poking too many holes, in too many people's heads.

Mr Moderater, I am being DEAD serious, with you personally now. This has become a f*****g international and virtual third world war, wherein mr pwagen has resorted to calling people complete a******s.

I didn't call people anything. I called the majority of gods that. If those gods take offense, they're welcome to use the report button.

Now, you taking offense and threatening with a nuclear attack says a lot about you.

You would also miss. I'm not in the US.

Edited by pwagen

I thought you were a Buddhist?

No, I am a Hindu. My family is the oldest known one in our country. My late great great grand father was born in 1800 and unfortunately he died in 1900. William James was also born in 1850. And Max Planck invented Quantum Phsics in 1900. The timings seem to be too serendipitious. Btw, the name of my late great great grand father is Sir Shriram.

I didn't call people anything. I called the majority of gods that. If those gods take offense, they're welcome to use the report button.

Now, you taking offense and threatening with a nuclear attack says a lot about you.

You would also miss. I'm not in the US.

You called gods assholes? Then you must be the biggest one yourself, because he brought Humanity, and the Universe you live in, into existence. Why don't you create you own Universe, and shift out into it? Do you think you can do that? What a shame this all this is turning out to be. What a public disgrace to humanity and to mankind. That this guy here, thinks that gods don't exist, and if they probably do, then they are most welcome, to join this public forum, that they must know, how to use the Computer and the Internet. Of course, I am taking offense here. As I bloody well believe, I have the right to. Because, you are hitting way below the belt. Now, please forget about the nuclear attack. (Note to the Moderater: Could you please remove the nuclear text from my earlier post) That'll just kill us all, and be the end of everything. Now, let's up the ante here. I don't care where you live. I don't care where I live either.

Just, answer one very elementary question for me. How does the Brain, which is made up of tangible matter, create a Mind, which is made up of intangible energy? You have been warned. Prepare for defeat, or surrender now.

Make up your mind. Is it gods, or a god in particular. Because you seem to be confused as to which religion you want to belong to.

I don't believe there's sufficient evidence to believe in a god, no. If your judgement of me is based on that particular detail, I pity you.

As for the brain having an "intangible energy", how would you know, if it's intangible? Brain activity is made up of neurons firing off electrical impulses, very measurable. But even if nobody could explain where our minds come from, that still wouldn't give credence to a god who fathered himself then killed himself to save us from the sin our ancestors brought upon us back when we were living in a garden instead of on the back of a turtle.

I just had lunch, so I'm prepared for this defeat of which you speak. But you've called of the nukes then? That's a shame - first time I've had death threats via nukes aimed at me.

Arjun - Don;t bother getting hot under the collar. Do you think the Gods care about what names they're called? Prometheus is right. We can call the Buddha what we like and it makes no difference to anything. As for the names of Gods, of which Buddha is not one, Remember that not everyone understands the concept of respect.

But I don't know what the discussion is about so will sit out. .

Edited by PeterJ

Make up your mind. Is it gods, or a god in particular. Because you seem to be confused as to which religion you want to belong to.

I don't believe there's sufficient evidence to believe in a god, no. If your judgement of me is based on that particular detail, I pity you.

As for the brain having an "intangible energy", how would you know, if it's intangible? Brain activity is made up of neurons firing off electrical impulses, very measurable. But even if nobody could explain where our minds come from, that still wouldn't give credence to a god who fathered himself then killed himself to save us from the sin our ancestors brought upon us back when we were living in a garden instead of on the back of a turtle.

I just had lunch, so I'm prepared for this defeat of which you speak. But you've called of the nukes then? That's a shame - first time I've had death threats via nukes aimed at me.

There is, what is now universally called, a Higher Power, if you are hopefully aware of that widely used term. It is not I, who is confused, it is you, indeed, because, I assume that, you don't know the elementary difference, between Religion and Spirituality. God, Allah, Christ, Buddha - they all speak and write, a "common language" in Religion. Spirituality, simply integrates everything, into one universal, spoken and written language.

One of the defining areas of Metaphysics is the proven existence of the soul (akin to a God). And there are two other defining areas.

You sound exactly like that guy in a very popular Hindi film called "oh my god". Pray, tell me, why do seven billion idiots, on this planet Earth, go to temples, churches, mandirs, and gurudwaras. Because, if there is indeed no God, then you have just proved to me, that there are seven billion idiots, living on this planet Earth, believing in a God, whom you have called imaginary.

I called off the nukes, because I didn't want, some Goverment official, reading this, and the next thing, that I know, is that I am sitting in a jail. Why has the Moderater not deleted my sentence on nukes yet? Because, if he doesn't hurry up, I could be arrested, for writing material like that.

CALLING MODERATOR - please delete the following line immediately:

I am just short of dropping a 100,000 kiloton nuclear bomb, and that two on American soil, via my own virtual Stealth Bomber.

And it's not Quantum Physcs it's Quantum Physics. Please correct that too.

There is, what is now universally called, a Higher Power

Prove it.

...because, I assume that, you don't know the elementary difference, between Religion and Spirituality. God, Allah, Christ, Buddha - they all speak and write, a "common language" in Religion. Spirituality, simply integrates everything, into one universal, spoken and written language.

So you're cherry picking the good bits and leaving out the atrocities?

One of the defining areas of Metaphysics is the proven existence of the soul (akin to a God).

No, it's not. And there's not a shred of evidence of a soul.

Pray, tell me

Why? You've not acknowledged my answer regarding brain energy. However, what you're asking is known as "appeal to popularity" if my memory serves me. It's a fallacy, so not a good thing.

I called off the nukes, because I didn't want, some Goverment official, reading this, and the next thing, that I know, is that I am sitting in a jail. Why has the Moderater not deleted my sentence on nukes yet? Because, if he doesn't hurry up, I could be arrested, for writing material like that.

This is hilarious! You're taking back a death threat, not because it's wrong or a felony, but because you might be arrested? And you dare talk to me about respect?

"Gee, I don't want to be arrested, so I take back stabbing you with a knife, mmkay?"

Edited by pwagen