A point in a projectile

Chuquis

How would I find the height of a point in a projectile? Not the maximum height but rather any point on the projectile. I am given the range and I already have the max height, the time at the max. height and of course the acceleration

Chuquis - first off the word you are looking for is trajectory; the projectile is the object which is flying through the air and the trajectory is the path it follows.

Remember on these sort of questions you can ignore wind resistance/air friction and as long as the trajectory is short (ie not hundreds of miles) you can use a simple parabola (alway worth mentioning that you are ignoring wind resistance for extra points). You can treat horizontal and vertical movement as completely separate. Seems to me that you have enough data to populate s=ut+1/2at^2 in the vertical direction at a certain point of the trajectory - you can work out everything from there

Another thing ..do you know how to prove the trajectory of projectile is a parabola.if you knew that you could do it easily.if not here is what you have to do, just mix up every equation you know in trajectory in logical way that you finally get the mixed up equation as a function of ( x , y ), then you are ready to go.

Edited by daniton