Something bad happened to me

Okay I posted this on another forum and got insulted for it. I hope this is the right place to post this thread but I really need help with something that has gone wrong. The other day I unknowingly came close to my laptop screen (closer than usual) and the left side of my head came very close to it. As soon as that happened I felt something odd in my brain. I have been feeling strange since then. having trouble concentrating not getting excited, feeling miserable etc. I think the emf (electro magnetic field) from the computer damaged my brain. I'm very sad as this side of the brain is very important for males and controls all the important functions. Yes the other side is important too but this is my strong side. I don't know if this will be normal again and it has me really upset. Just not feeling like my normal self. And all this happening after I took a hit on the other side of my head. I thought that was not going to heal but ironically it healed just as this happened. Now I am worried about this. Its not returning to normal. I think my masculinity has been damaged somehow (the left brain is the masculine one) as I'm not getting as excited to see girls as I usually was. I'm very upset I don't think seeing a doctor will help as its a different kind of problem. Is anyone getting what I'm saying or should I post this in another section? Believe me I am not making this up. Since I got close to the screen I've been feeling weird, not like my normal self. So depressed and worried about this. I don't want such an important organ to be damaged. Who knew coming close to the screen from the side would do so much harm? If I did I would have avoided it. I can't believe these things keep happening to me. I am so sick of getting injured in some way and then healing myself and worrying if things will be normal again. I also regret telling people about my other injury on another site where I was mocked and the guy said you're mentally damaged and minutes later this happened. I've realized now that that is an evil site and regret going there but didn't really have any other sites to go to. I hope you people understand what I'm talking about. And if you don't then refrain from insulting me or denying that this happened. Every device has an emf but I didn't think it could hurt me so much. I feel as if my life is ruined because of this. Thanks.

Well, to begin with, you don't have "EMF related issues". At least not from getting too close to a laptop monitor. Often working with the laptop in your lap has been said to decrease sperm count. But getting too close to it for a brief time? Not going to happen. So that's a relief.

You do appear quite young. Have you passed puberty? It's very normal to be an emotional wreck due to hormones and whatnot. The attraction to the whatever gender usually takes your fancy might disappear for a while, then could come back. Or it might come back in a different form. That's all normal.

Getting hit in the head, however, is not recommended, regardless of pubertal status. If you're worried it might have inflicted damage, and haven't seen a doctor for it, do so. It's always better to be safe than sorry, and they will definitely be able to diagnose any head injuries better than any online forum could, be it EMF or others.

It's quite likely that you felt something happen and then attributed it to getting too close to your laptop. The more you investigated it, the more convinced you became that it was something serious. You have a problem concentrating because you're worried. When you thought this might affect your masculinity (which is highly unlikely), you really flipped out.

It's no wonder you don't feel as excited about things the way you did before, you're terrified something really bad has happened. I'm not going to tell you it's all in your mind, because the mind is very powerful and affects the way we feel about things.

That said, I think it would be the best thing to go see your doctor, explain what happened and let him diagnose what (if anything) is wrong. He's the professional who will be able to test you first-hand and give you his medical opinion, based on observable evidence. Make sure to tell the doctor about this head injury you had that you "healed yourself".

Oh, and stop trying to heal yourself. As you now know, your head is very important and you're not a doctor. Your life isn't ruined, lots of smilies smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png , no insults, stay away from evil sites, take a deep breath and call your doctor.

• 1 month later...

The thing turned out to be static charge coming out of the computer. They sold the computer with an ungrounded charger and it keeps emitting static charge without warning. it can't be seen or predicted. it even emits it when the computer is closed. Didn't expect such a major corporation to do this but this isn't the only thing they're doing wrong. Their phones are cleaned with something that has a neurotoxin and their factory workers hardly get paid for the hard work they do in China. So not trying to blame everything on this company but I'm sure they're doing a lot of harm. Yet they pretend to be so trendy. I had another incident recently when I was away from the computer and it emitted static charge. This charge just numbs and grabs different parts of the body. Its extremely dangerous. Just wanted to inform you guys. Anyone know how to discharge this static from myself. I have too much on me and I feel numb. Its like I can't feel anything, the damn thing has numbed me. How the heck am I supposed to work, help others, play. They should have sold this computer with a grounded charger. As such they're liars they promised 7 hours of battery time but it actually gives just 2:30-3:00 hours. I will buy the grounded charger but this stupid thing has done a lot of harm. Maybe to other people too. Others have also had these problems with other companies. This is a very unsustainable technology as is anything that runs on fossil fuels. Thanks for your support on the previous issue smile.png

Edited by MohitM

• 4 weeks later...

hey my friend. are you sure the numbing is because of those charges?

I mean if the numb stays for hours after that static charging happened, then there's a chance it has other reasons. go and visit a doctor and tell him/her that that static charge happened so he can take it into account and have a better idea of what is the best suggestion for you.

about EMF or whatever happened on your laptop, it's highly recommended to see a doctor. and don't ask 'what a doctor can do to emf related issue'. it's their job to at least detect the reason for harms, so they can at least assure whether emf is the reason for your mood change or not.

as pwagen before me said : "It's always better to be safe than sorry". so truth.

by the way, don't think a problem will destroy everything. many things depend on your thoughts and hope.

and remember that none of us are the lucky costumers getting ideal stuff from stores. I have had many troubles with my purchases which i can swear all happened because of my bad luck. but never complained about them. because life is too shorter to be spent in sadness or any bad mood. i usually forget them and try to go on without thinking about them. easy.

Hope to hear good news from you soon. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

The thing turned out to be static charge coming out of the computer. They sold the computer with an ungrounded charger and it keeps emitting static charge without warning. it can't be seen or predicted. it even emits it when the computer is closed.

I think you will find that numerous items of electrical equipment these days are double insulated with no earth lead - certainly here in the UK.

I'd have thought it's more likely that there's fault with the computer/charger than some sort of coincidental static charge.

One problem with an earth connection was where multiple units are subsequently connected together, creating an earth loop or loops. This can result in loop currents whizzing around creating odd, if not weird, problems with computer gismos, to name a few.