If God is love then why is there so much suffering in the world?

seriously disabled

We are responsible for the effects of our own choices. Unfortunately, the choices of others affect us. In that case they are responsible. This is liability. Sometimes it is simply mother nature. We must learn from our mistakes and be more prepared and informed so to avoid or invite the effects of others choices.

So god is a sadist? An all powerful being that allows innocents to be brutalized while he watches?

So god is a sadist? An all powerful being that allows innocents to be brutalized while he watches?

No pain, No gain. If people want to change whats happening to them they should be prepared to fight to the death. "they may take our lives, but they will never take our FREEDOM!"

so if i praise the satan, then i won't be brutalized ?

odd, this sounds like something satan would do.

now satan does not sound so bad.

weird.

Cant say how much prayers help, don't believe in Satan. Those who would fight to the death to resist tyranny I wouldnt consider evil I would commend their bravery.

Edited by photon propeller

hmm,

i seriously have a hard time finding a difference from evil, and this god.

gods words intent and actions are just a evil as evil.

so i guess it's a pick the less evil kind of thing.

or i can just say,

both are just as ridiculous as from each other,

so i'll sideline and not worry about this stupid shit.

simple.

Cant say how much prayers help, don't believe in Satan. Those who would fight to the death resist tyranny I wouldnt consider evil I would commend their bravery.

funny.

you believe in one, but not the other,

and yet,

one can not exist without the other.

funny.

hmm,

i seriously have a hard time finding a difference from evil, and this god.

gods words intent and actions are just a evil as evil.

so i guess it's a pick the less evil kind of thing.

or i can just say,

both are just as ridiculous as from each other,

so i'll sideline and not worry about this stupid shit.

simple.

funny.

you believe in one, but not the other,

and yet,

one can not exist without the other.

funny.

What I believe is that there is only one, that one is the origin of both.

What I believe is that there is only one, that one is the origin of both.

So all this god does is set the universe in motion and set back and watch the weak and innocent being brutalized by the strong and evil and does nothing about anything? God is Sadistic and evil by this definition...

So all this god does is set the universe in motion and set back and watch the weak and innocent being brutalized by the strong and evil and does nothing about anything? God is Sadistic and evil by this definition...

I told you God is the origin of all that exists, does the fact that God doesn't interfere make him evil or is it the act of evil that defines evil men.

Innocent does not infer weak, the strong and innocent crush the weak and evil as well. The epic battle is between the strong of both ideals. Which will man choose?

so then you praise evil ?

I praise the master of all that exists. I choose positivity.

Edited by photon propeller

If God is love then why is there so much suffering in the world?

The answer is yet simple.

Those people that have made the world as it is today - could have done differently.

Those people had all the cards so that this can not happen. But man is unable to manage himself without the word of God.

As the teachers of the law have resolved to know nothing in relation to biblical law then the apocalyptic prophecy is fulfilled. The end of time seems to be coming. It's why it's important to believe in Jesus Christ or prophet Isa for muslims (Jesus in Quran)

Edited by Arnaud Antoine ANDRIEU

The answer is yet simple.

Those people that have made the world as it is today - could have done differently.

Those people had all the cards so that this can not happen. But man is unable to manage himself without the word of God.

As the teachers of the law have resolved to know nothing in relation to biblical law then the apocalyptic prophecy is fulfilled. The end of time seems to be coming. It's why it's important to believe in Jesus Christ.

Arnaud...end of time...Really?

You know what...people have been talking about the end times since...well...there were people. Humans have been on Earth for about 5 Million Years in one stage of evolutionary development or another and during that 5 Million Years there has been massive Earthquakes, Floods, Asteroid and Cometary Bombardments, Magnetic Pole Shifts, Cosmic Radiation Spikes, Giant Solar Flare Activity, Ice Ages, Droughts of Entire Continents, Mass Extinction via Disease...and so many other disasters I am having a hard time remembering them all.

Now in all that time and all those disasters and ELE's...Extinction Level Events...guess what? We are still here! And unless a Asteriod that has a mass and velocity at least 20% greater than the asteroid that impacted Earth 65 Million Years ago at ( miles wide...(that's 15 Km for you metric lovers)...and killed off the Dinosaurs...as this asteroid mass is too small to kill us off completely so I approx. 20% greater and perhaps traveling at a velocity 10% greater would do the job...ie...no more Humans...unless that happens or some idiot in a third world country playing around with a weaponized Viral Strail...ie...Biological Weapons...and since these 3rd Worlders don't have the money for a Lab with CDC Containment Protocols...such a Weaponized Viral Strain could get out and kill everyone faster than it would be possible to immunize the general population...so we all become ZOMBIES! LOL!

Thing is...if there is a GOD...someone ought to FIRE THAT GOD! Because such a GOD is existing would have a very poor record as far as that GOD's WORK HISTORY!

Some will say...Terrible Things Happen because it is all part of GOD's PLAN! GOD's Plan? What Plan? I don't see a plan? Does anyone on this board see a plan? Has anyone ever even seen a HINT OF A PLAN? Can anyone stand in testimony at the hearing scheduled this morning at 9 am SHARP in defense of this so called existing GOD? Because after talking to and listening to MANY PEOPLE....if this is the best such a GOD can make for a PLAN....it is time to FIRE THIS GOD...and make up OUR OWN PLAN! Because if anyone tends to notice...every time something REALLY #@%$&! UP happens in this world...you will immediately hear RIGHT BEFORE THE DETONATION....GOD IS GREAT!....then...BOOM!

And then we have the....UUGGHH!....PEOPLE who insist to the rest of us that THEY and their GROUP...are the only real and sole communicators and interpreters and worst of all....TEACHERS OF GOD'S PLAN. Instead of mainly yelling and then blowing up stuff and people with it...they do something that is even more sinister and sneaky....First they set up Food Kitchens and Survival Centers....then they give a meal and some old cloths and perhaps a blanket to those in need....THEN...after a person eats...they SNEAK UP ON YOU AND HAND YOU...a PAMPHLET! That's right those B@#&%^$#!

Next thing you know...if you want to be allowed to keep eating those occasional meals and getting a now and then...I'm with STUPID...T-Shirt with stains on it....you allow these VERY SNEAKY PEOPLE....to load you and others that are down on their luck...into a SCHOOL BUS with those straight 90 degree angled seats with No Air Conditioning and no Bathroom...and be driven for 6 HOURS across several states to a PLANNED PARENTHOOD CLINIC....where as you exit the school bus a SIGN is thrust into your hands with the words....BABY KILLER!...or....IT'S NOT A RIGHT IT'S A CHILD!....painted in BLOOD RED paint upon it.

Then after spending a whole day being told...KEEP SHOUTING OR YOU WON'T GET A SANDWICH AND BOTTLED WATER WHEN WE GET ON THE BUS TO LEAVE! So you hold that stupid sign higher and yell something equally or to a greater extend more stupid...and then just when you think it can't get any worse...some Preacher spooning a 30.06 with scope puts a few rounds into the head of a Doctor through the glass window of the Lobby and for good measure puts a few more rounds into the chest of a few young women some who work there some who are there because they need help.

At that point you walk up to the Woman and Man who have been riding you all day as they are wearing Button Up Shirts and Ties and Blouses that you thought had gone out of style in the Mid-1950's....hand them that stupid sign and tell them to SHOVE IT IN A SPECIFIC PLACE IN THE HUMAN BODY...walk into the bus...take TWO SANDWICHES out of the cooler...steel a $20 Bill that is in that Woman's Purse left on the bus....walk out of the bus and hit BOTH OF THEM OVER THE HEAD with a Water Bottle...walk across the street to the Package Store and with that $20 buy a 12 Pack and a few Shots...walk over to the Highway entrance and stick out your thumb!

Split Infinity

Life is probably just a rare biochemical accident so of course there will be suffering. I mean why would there no be suffering if life is just a rare accident?

The evidence points to humans being just a biochemical accident and that there really is no shred of proof that any God exists or has ever existed.

One thing is for certain though. One day we'll are going to die and when we die its all over for us, there's nothing more, and our descendants will continue the eternal struggle for survival. This means that we are here by pure chance alone, and by the same token at some point in the future we may not be here at all.

This probably means that we should make the most of the little time we do have.

I believe that what I wrote is called Cosmicism and it's the view that humans are completely insignificant in the universe.

Cosmicism was the literary philosophy developed and used by the American writer H. P. Lovecraft in his weird fiction.Lovecraft was a writer of philosophically intense horror stories that involve occult phenomena like astral possession and alien miscegenation, and the themes of his fiction over time contributed to the development of this philosophy.

The philosophy of cosmicism states that there is no recognizable divine presence, such as a god, in the universe, and that humans are particularly insignificant in the larger scheme of intergalactic existence, and perhaps are just a small species projecting their own mental idolatries onto the vast cosmos, ever susceptible to being wiped from existence at any moment.

This also suggested that the majority of undiscerning humanity are creatures with the same significance as insects and plants in a much greater struggle between greater forces which, due to humanity's small, visionless and unimportant nature, it does not recognize.

Perhaps the most prominent theme in cosmicism is the utter insignificance of humanity. Lovecraft believed that "the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear.

And eventually everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'. Only egotism exists."[2] Cosmicism shares many characteristics with nihilism, though one important difference is that cosmicism tends to emphasize the inconsequentiality of humanity and its doings, rather than summarily rejecting the possible existence of some higher purpose (or purposes). For example, in Lovecraft's Cthulhu stories, it is not so much the absence of meaning that causes terror for the protagonists as it is their discovery that they have absolutely no power to effect any change in the vast, indifferent, and ultimately incomprehensible universe that surrounds them. Whatever meaning or purpose may or may not be invested in the actions of the cosmic beings in Lovecraft's stories is completely inaccessible to the human characters, in the way an amoeba (for example) is completely unequipped to grasp the concepts that drive human behavior.

Lovecraft's cosmicism was a result of his complete disdain for all things religious, his feeling of humanity's existential helplessness in the face of what he called the "infinite spaces" opened up by scientific thought, and his belief that humanity was fundamentally at the mercy of the vastness and emptiness of the cosmos.

You can read more about Cosmicism here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmicism

Edited by seriously disabled

• 1 month later...