If God is love then why is there so much suffering in the world?

seriously disabled

Religion should be re-written as the search for knowledge.

We have a search for knowledge already. It's called science. Religion should be scrapped as the out-dated bigotry it is. Edited by pwagen

We have a search for knowledge already. It's called science. Religion should be scrapped as the out-dated bigotry it is.

Which is exactly why science is the religion of God. It is the study of knowledge. God is the master of all knowledge. As I've said in the past, those who seek knowledge, seek God. All knowledge already exists whether we've obtained it or not. What we have obtained falls far short of the complete glory of God.

Which is exactly why science is the religion of God. It is the study of knowledge. God is the master of all knowledge. As I've said in the past, those who seek knowledge, seek God. All knowledge already exists whether we've obtained it or not. What we have obtained falls far short of the complete glory of God.

It's interesting that the knowledge supposedly given to us directly from god is wrong...

tell me the difference between a god that exists but does not manifest in this reality and a god that does not exist.

If we can't even choose what we will have for lunch, then why do you think that we have free will?

I'm not sure what this even means,

I choose what i have for lunch every single day.

It's interesting that the knowledge supposedly given to us directly from god is wrong...

Only if you believe what profits have claimed to be the word of God. If you realize those words were mans meager attempt to describe what already exists, and using incomplete knowledge and various languages, you recognize the problem. Real truth does not change, it is undeniable. Science unveils that truth. The language of truth is science and mathematics. The knowledge directly given to us from God is the complex reality in which we exist.

tell me the difference between a god that exists but does not manifest in this reality and a god that does not exist.

I'm not sure what this even means,

I choose what i have for lunch every single day.

Everything that exists is a manifestation of the energy of God. It can not be created or destroyed, only transformed. Its sum was there at the beginning and will be in the end. Life is the only variable. Choice can transform its inherent balance into oblivion or perpetual infinity.

Only if you believe what profits have claimed to be the word of God. If you realize those words were mans meager attempt to describe what already exists, and using incomplete knowledge and various languages, you recognize the problem. Real truth does not change, it is undeniable. Science unveils that truth. The language of truth is science and mathematics. The knowledge directly given to us from God is the complex reality in which we exist.

Everything that exists is a manifestation of the energy of God. It can not be created or destroyed, only transformed. Its sum was there at the beginning and will be in the end. Life is the only variable. Choice can transform its inherent balance into oblivion or perpetual infinity.

just so i understand,

you are not saying god is an individual and god created everything from nothing, in a somewhere, but no where because nothing exist place correct ?

i agree on the energy just moves from one place to another,that's exactly how money is also.which is irrelevant.

and like i said,

i choose what i have for lunch everyday.i understand you are implying it's a deeper thought/action than that, but still i choose.

krash661, My response to you had nothing to do with your lunch choice conversation with Seriously disabled in post #29. There was a deeper meaning to my conversation though I think you were out to lunch. Choice, like life, is a privilege, and all are manifestations of the complex energy of God.

krash661, My response to you had nothing to do with your lunch choice conversation with Seriously disabled in post #29. There was a deeper meaning to my conversation though I think you were out to lunch. Choice, like life, is a privilege, and all are manifestations of the complex energy of God.

ok, no problem i misunderstood your choice comment then.

just so i understand,

you are not saying god is an individual and god created everything from nothing, in a somewhere, but no where because nothing exist place correct ?

You keep making these assertions with no evidence other than your assertions, please back up what you are claiming with evidence...

I'm far more curious as to the motives of any individual who would vote positive on such a ridiculous statement.

i'm not sure what is ridiculous about it ?

if anything what is ridiculous is the thought of,

coming to a physics forum and spew religious crap as if you will/would have made a differences to anything.

but in reality the only thing that you have accomplish is shown logical people how ridiculous religion is.

but the funny thing for me is,

religious people are so secluded from reality and in their mentality that they can not see how ridiculous it is.

If you believe in a master of infinite knowledge, the supreme lawmaker, the origin of complex energy, then nature itself is all the evidence you'll ever need. You either do, or don't, the answer is your choice. I do.

Claims with no evidence are easily dismissed without evidence, you have nothing but your belief, belief is not evidence of anything...

i'm not sure what is ridiculous about it ?

if anything what is ridiculous is the thought of,

coming to a physics forum and spew religious crap as if you will/would have made a differences to anything.

but in reality the only thing that you have accomplish is shown logical people how ridiculous religion is.

but the funny thing for me is,

religious people are so secluded from reality and in their mentality that they can not see how ridiculous it is.

Your statement is ridiculous because this is a religious forum for the debate of religion, which you were happy to do until you had nothing more than a biased response against "religious people." If your referring to those who believe in God, you may be surprised at how many "scientist" believe in God but do not believe in the refutable orthodox claims of mainstream religions.

Your statement is ridiculous because this is a religious forum for the debate of religion, which you were happy to do until you had nothing more than a biased response against "religious people." If your referring to those who believe in God, you may be surprised at how many "scientist" believe in God but do not believe in the refutable orthodox claims of mainstream religions.

None the less on this forum to make a positive assertion requires evidence, even in the religion section. It is not a pulpit for you to assert your beliefs...

i meant the site not the thread,

i understand it has a religion section of the site, but that's not a choice to which i have no business making.

i'm not sure but i think it's meant for logical discussions of amongst logical mentalities,

not for religious people to

push with nonsense.

but that's just my thought and maybe not accurate.

also,

i can care less what other scientist believe in when it comes to this.

there mentality is not mine,

simple.

and i have no clue what you thought of what you would accomplish with making that statement.

i'm not exactly bias towards religious people, i like to keep an open mind as possible,

i'm bias to contradicting nonsense which just so happens to come from religious people in most cases.

None the less on this forum to make a positive assertion requires evidence, even in the religion section. It is not a pulpit for you to assert your beliefs...

Have you not asserted your disbelief ? Your comments are hypocritical, and you missed the point. We disagree on the critical issues, is there a God and how do we define God? If one realizes that God is the master of all knowledge good, and bad, the opening post is explained. The responsibility lies with us, that is the gift of choice. The natural process is equilibrium.

Have you not asserted your disbelief ? Your comments are hypocritical, and you missed the point. We disagree on the critical issues, is there a God and how do we define God? If one realizes that God is the master of all knowledge good, and bad, the opening post is explained. The responsibility lies with us, that is the gift of choice. The natural process is equilibrium.

No I have asked for evidence, so far you have given none, in the face of no evidence the default position is not to believe...

Have you not asserted your disbelief ?

Disbelief is the default position, burden of proof lies with the believer.

But that's not what the thread is about either, as the OP assumes there is a god for the purpose of this thread, and the questions within it.

If one realizes that God is the master of all knowledge good, and bad, the opening post is explained.

That explains nothing. If God is such a master of good, then why hasn't he stopped the evils in the world?

But that's not what the thread is about either, as the OP assumes there is a god for the purpose of this thread, and the questions within it.

That explains nothing. If God is such a master of good,t he stopped the evils in the world?

It absolutely does and I'll spell it out for you. I said the master of all knowledge Good and Bad. The creator of the realm and rules. There is little to no interference after creation. In our realm anything good or bad is possible. We choose. People are responsible for their own actions and sometimes the actions of others affect many adversely. God is not the patsy. The point is God is not to blame. There is no doubt that for every suffering individual there is always a specific cause, be it self inflicted or otherwise. To separate God into 2 groups of good and bad and call bad Satan is a major mistake and detracts from the idea of one complex energy. This world is about positive and negative and an intrinsic tendency towards equilibrium. That is why the power of the living to choose is so important. No matter how vast the cosmic scale is it is balanced until life chooses to offset that balance with the choice to create or destroy. It may only take a falling feather of negativity to tip the scale into oblivion.

There is little to no interference after creation.

So you are a deist. You think God does nothing now. He did the big bang and left it alone after that. If that is the case, is this 'Master' really important?

In our realm anything good or bad is possible. We choose. People are responsible for their own actions and sometimes the actions of others affect many adversely.

Nature causes some of the worst death and destruction. No choice there. Best thing we can do is try to understand reality and prepare or avoid if possible. Master is not in the house, offers no help.

This world is about positive and negative and an intrinsic tendency towards equilibrium.

That equilibrium appears to be nothing. The Universe is speeding towards nothingness.

That explains nothing. If God is such a master of good, then why hasn't he stopped the evils in the world?

Maybe the bad things are actually the work of some kind of may I sadistic, evil designer or an evil architect like Satan. Maybe Satan is actually so evil that he purposely wants to see us suffer greatly and then just die.

Or it could be that God doesn't actually exist at all but that only Satan exists or maybe God is just not capable to stop Satan from doing the bad things or bad manipulations that he is doing.

Maybe the bad things are actually the work of some kind of may I sadistic, evil designer or an evil architect like Satan. Maybe Satan is actually so evil that he purposely wants to see us suffer greatly and then just die.

Or it could be that God doesn't actually exist at all but that only Satan exists or maybe God is just not capable to stop Satan from doing the bad things or bad manipulations that he is doing.

Actually in the old testament God actually claims responsibility for both good and evil. I can't remember exactly where but it is there.