Time Particles

Jordan14

Damn you both! 3 years at Klingon College and 6 months dedicated to Chronoton particles alone, and NOW you`re trying to tell me I wasted that time! and have no chance of a time refund because they don`t exist :(((

• 5 months later...

Time is a dimension that is not included in mathematical calculations when dealing with space. It is called the 4th Temporal dimension with a reason (there is also a 4th spatial dimension which is commonly known as the 5th dimension). You cannot cast off time being a particle because you just assume its a dimension. Chronotons are most likely theoretical, like gravitrons. Also, the 5th dimension is sometimes considered to be sub-atomic particles as well, thus a dimension is a particle. You can argue with me if you want, but its just theory. Read the book "Hyperspace" for further information on higher dimensional theory. It is meant for the general public and is not difficult to read.

Heh, just because if time is a particle, doesn't mean scientists can manipulate it. We can detect the gravitron, but have we been able to manipulate it yet? Nope..

Zelcon

As others have said, time is a dimension, the fourth dimension.

Hyd (me)

Time is a dimension that is not included in mathematical calculations when dealing with space. It is called the 4th Temporal dimension with a reason

My mistake.

We have evidence that gravitron exists. We haven't proved or observed its existence directly. Thus we detect its properties, not the actual gravitron particle I think.

Graviton

The graviton is the exchange particle for the gravity force. Although it has not been directly observed, a number of its properties can be implied from the nature of the force. Since gravity is an inverse square force of apparently infinite range, it can be implied that the rest mass of the graviton is zero.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/particles/expar.html#c6

(ctrl + f, search gravitron)

My mistake.

We have evidence that gravitron exists. We haven't proved or observed its existence directly. Thus we detect its properties' date=' not the actual gravitron particle I think.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/particles/expar.html#c6

(ctrl + f, search gravitron)[/quote']

Graviton is still a theoratical particle as far as I know. Based on quantum mechanics it is predicted to exist and also predicted to have extremely small mass. There has been no experimental evidence showing its existence.

The best chance to detect graviton lies in the massive particle accelerator being built in europe right now.

Based on quantum mechanics it is predicted to exist and also predicted to have extremely small mass.

Since gravity is an inverse square force of apparently infinite range, it can be implied that the rest mass of the graviton is zero.

Same source.

Graviton is still a theoratical particle as far as I know. Based on quantum mechanics it is predicted to exist and also predicted to have extremely small mass. There has been no experimental evidence showing its existence.

The best chance to detect graviton lies in the massive particle accelerator being built in europe right now.

It should have zero mass actually (otherwize gravity would have a speed of propagation < c, which would screw up lots of astro measurements). And the LHC has pretty much no chance of finding it - it could only see it in very special circumstances.

Time - not a particle.

As pointed out by others, it's a dimension but, IMO, only by convention.

By convention because it is the effect of change and inherently energy by which change propagates.

Gravitons are mere predictions but as Severian pointed out to propagate at c they would have to be massless. Has this propagation of gravity (at c) been confirmed yet?

And there is a Time magazine but has nothing to do with physics. :)

...my first post on SFN, so please, take it easy :-(

I just read my post it was probally the worst worded post EVER' date=' I did as YT suggested mean Tachyons, I should have read through my post.

I'm quite embarrassed now[/quote']If a thread takes a wrong turn it seems impossible to get it back on track... :)

Tachyons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyons

A tachyon is a hypothetical particle that travels at superluminal velocity.

• 3 years later...

I Disagree with your comments. It is entirely possible for time to exist as both a particle and a dimension. Light, I belive is the highest naturally occuring density of Time occuring in our dimension(other than being a form of energy, after all energy is movement and movement is time). This agrees with Einstein's beleif that when any object goes faster than the speed of light(see above braceted area), It will travel backwards in time(the natural state of all things is a sphere, therefore time is also a sphere, and If you travel far enough in one direction, you will arrive at a point behind where you started). Therefore, if you somehow infuse all atoms in your body with an excess in Time, you will travel backwards. by the same princible, removeing all Time will cause the rest of time to pass you by.

also(though I'm not so sure about this), have you ever been standing by the side of a road when a car passes by? If you have, you'll remember that the car passes, and then you feel the air rush past afterwards. this is because the car takes particles of Time from the air around it, so the car moves faster(and slows down time slightly for the contents) and the air, laging behind a bit is not moving as fast as the car(because of its lack of Time).

I hope this answer is satisfactory. I have found no error over the many hours I have thought this over(incidentally before I read this), and if you can find error, please notify me, as this theory is in its developmental stage.