Post Editor Box A Deal Killer...

Hi guys,

Sorry to complain, but this section requests comments, so here they are.

I can't figure out how to use the quote function in the post editor panel, which converts participation from something fun in to something just not worth it.

To put this in some context, I've been working online as a tech for almost 20 years, and have coded my own forum software from scratch. Point being, if I can't figure it out, others probably can't either.

Also, the default font size of editor is set very low for we of older eyes, and thus I have to manually boost the fonts in editor (often more than once) just to see what I'm typing. This too should be considered broken.

You might try the latest version of this free software: http://ckeditor.com/

I have no relationship of any kind with that company other than as a happy user.

Other than that, you have a nice forum with some interesting content. I may keep reading, but posting, especially replying, just too much work.

Hope this is helpful, and not too much of a whine.

Good luck!

Do you mean the quote function? Because I've had to figure out a lot of things about that as well (can elaborate when I get home, basically just posting here so I can find the thread later).

Thanks for replies. Yes, I realize it's Ckeditor, so I meant to suggest an upgrade to newer version, or perhaps a different implementation. Ckeditor is flexible and can be installed in a variety of ways.

I have my browser set to 22 point font. I can read posts fine. Text in editor appears to be 12.

Just so you know, I don't have these problems on any other forum. Not trying to declare a crisis, as clearly many others are managing. But, you might be losing folks who don't bother to complain.

Sorry, not trying to start an endless rant thread, just attempting to clarfiy. Hope it's helpful!