Facebook when?

litmus

I first came on the internet in 1999, i signed up for my first email address in 2000. Since then i have been on various websites, forums!

I had avoided facebook since years just last month i signed up on it for my profile!

To my surprise i received 150 friends reccomendations from various countries! I first thought that facebook is just like any other forums community interaction webpage! But it seems that facebook is a stand-alone tele-kinesis software! Many profiles i did scan their pictures seem of years 1988s to 1993 !!! But they say they are still of the same age as they were in 1990s.

What if then there was a social mingling program software created in advancing internet age of 1970s! And it later came to be known as facebook in 1985!

Have you seen the movie MIB3 this movie i had seen in 1999 in india but was later released in 2013! This movie is infact made in 1995 based on the nerdy american scientist projects of 1960s!

So how does facebook administration works?

How could they sort out millions of profiles and give me correct reccomendations!???

This reminds of the famous movie called 'dream catcher' like the library spiral is like the internet facebook database and some aliens of MIB are its administrators linking its members with advanced telekinesis!

Edited by litmus

But it seems that facebook is a stand-alone tele-kinesis software!

Whatever gave you that idea? Also, I think you mean telepathy, not telekinesis. Telekinesis is the manipulation of matter via mind only. And while I would love to hear an explanation on why FB does that, I don't think that's what you mean.

Many profiles i did scan their pictures seem of years 1988s to 1993 !!! But they say they are still of the same age as they were in 1990s.

Care to elaborate? I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

What if then there was a social mingling program software created in advancing internet age of 1970s! And it later came to be known as facebook in 1985!

This is wrong though. Facebook was launched in 2004.

Have you seen the movie MIB3 this movie i had seen in 1999 in india but was later released in 2013! This movie is infact made in 1995 based on the nerdy american scientist projects of 1960s!

You're getting closer. The first MiB was made in 1997. MiB3, which you mention, was made in 2012. It had not been made in 1999, even in India. However, you're getting closer to being right in that it's based on the UFO and alien pop culture stemming from the alleged incident at Roswell in 1947.

So how does facebook administration works?

How could they sort out millions of profiles and give me correct reccomendations!???

Friends of friends, same school, same job, same interests, same location, they're in your contact book etc. There are a lot of ways to suggest friends for someone on FB. And if they ALL matched (which I doubt), it seems it works. And what do you mean by "correct" anyway? Did you know all of them?

This reminds of the famous movie called 'dream catcher' like the library spiral is like the internet facebook database and some aliens of MIB are its administrators linking its members with advanced telekinesis!

It reminds me of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest for very different reasons.

It doesn't matter which brand of crack pottery you invoke, the point remains that there is no need to resort to those sorts of explanations when it can very easily be explained by pattern recognition software and/or some other algorithm. You are aware of the existence of computer science and programming, are you not?

I have to ask if you legitimately believe that the friend recommendation function on Facebook operates via telepathy? If so, then this thread needs to be moved and if not, could you clarify your question some more?

You mean to tell me that other than telepathy between facebook members themselves, there is some more powerful administration which scrutinizes brain identities across the interlinked network globe and provides friend recommendations! You yourself try you'll come to know!

Edited by litmus

Scrutinizes brain identities by some magic, or scrutinizes mutual friendships and personal data you input into their system with whatever algorithm they use for such purposes? Which one do you honestly think makes more sense here? And again I have to ask, are you aware of the existence of computer science?

I also find it laughable that you find what you assumed was me suggesting that the Facebook team reads minds to be utterly outrageous when this entire thread is about you saying that Facebook members use telepathy to find their perfect friend match.

Finally, can you please answer my question on what this thread is actually asking/proposing? Is this strictly about what you think is telepathic communication between Facebook users of the world or do you have a genuine question about how the Facebook administration spits out friend recommendations?

No my dear, you do not have to input anything, just make mention of your age, location and gender. If you even didn't upload your photo still facebook correctly matches friendships!!!

When i try myself to search for id names and try contacting members of facebook like say i would generally like to have friends from USA then the matches seem non coherent and i generally never get any replies!

I know your scienceforums.net too, once after my exchange of topics i was once strolling in bombay churchgate and a old foreigner man bespectacled with a grey moustache had come to meet me. He used to wear simple clothes and he asked me how i could write so many science topics! He was an old member of scienceforums.net (1977?). He said that he'll do something for me to get these topics reach other intelligent minds to let them think over and write perhaps a thesis. He wanted to take me to usa. But perhaps i met him three or four times, and everytime he seemed different. Like sometimes he seemed fat from the back.

Then i lost contact of him and he dissappeared, then when i came back home i found my membership at sciforums.net suspended!

So you people members are not to be taken lightly, some of you are real brainy intelligence like albert einstien scientists perhaps! I remember that i had met him by telepathy ofcourse the mind to mind eyes connection!

Edited by litmus

I read that sciforums.net is the oldest premier science forums on the internet, might that in 1980s higher dimensional mathematics were the topics which then normalised in present day to day physics! The moderators/admin work was then taken over by younger generations! Might be that the site might have been upgraded to a modern look but concepts work are the same!

In the profile avatar picture of yours mr john cuthber are you the same person who i described meeting me in bombay!? You in half-pants with white hairs! Or is that your father's picture and you are infact his son? I checked your profile you are chemistry professory! I thought you were good at mathematics! If i am true cause before writing my topics i swear i never even looked at your avatar profile. So i think it was just telapathy skills that i remembered you! So are you still that pale foreigner stubborn person professory that i know?

What you scribble for reasoning?

H2O + Mg2SO4 -(catalyst)-> Mg (OH)2 + SH

Anyone can make out that your picture is of 1975s! Now you must be very old if i am correct!

Whats your id, hyper meaning out of state!, valence meaning agitated electron nomenclature! and iodine that is Br!

How could an old man dance meeeh meeeh!

So you might had recognized me very clearly as you too have that big telepathy foreseeing brain of yours!

Edited by litmus

Good lord.

Firstly, I have to assume you are talking to me and not John Cuthber, who has no profile picture and does not feature in this thread. Secondly, my profile very clearly states my age and gender, neither of which correspond to my avatar (which is of an American chemist by the name of Robert Burns Woodward).

!

Moderator Note

Finally, you were warned about sticking to the topic and making it clear what this thread was about. You have ignored those requests and this thread is now going in circles of ridiculousness, so I'm closing it.