We are the players

photon propeller

The words of man will always be proportional to mans knowledge. Realizing this fact will allow us to redefine religion as the search for knowledge. If we can cooperate, if we can compromise, if we can live long enough, the pursuit of knowledge will answer all our questions. Isn't the pursuit of knowledge the focus of all religions?

The big question now becomes, do you believe in the master of infinite knowledge? I do. I believe that master is God.

One useful facet of man's knowledge is that you should believe the evidence- especially if you are tying to gain further knowledge. Belief in God doesn't really tick the right boxes.

• 1 month later...

People have used the term "God" to explain the unexplainable. In this way God is a coping mechanism for the unknown. An answer to the questions of forever. Even though they did not and still do not have all the answers, people do understand the idea of infinity. If we define God as infinite knowledge, we realize that the more knowledge we discover the more our perception of God grows. It is called spiritual divinity, ones sense of existence, the vastness we perceive when we close our eyes. Knowledge is not magic, it is reality. Science is the religion of God. God is all that has been, all that is, and all there could ever be. God is forever! How much will we know of God before our time is up?

Who created god?

When we grasp vanilla ice cream, we begin to grasp the concept of God

There is no special case to the concept of vanilla ice cream, nor does my logic require a special circumstance, the concept of vanilla ice cream is common knowledge, I am making a an association between vanilla ice cream and the concept of God.

You could equally choose to replace "infinity" with "nice sharp pencils".

It still doesn't actually make any sense (unless, of course, you say there's something special about infinity or God, but that would be special pleading and you have said you are not doing that).

There is no special case to the concept of infinity, nor does my logic require a special circumstance, the concept of infinity is common knowledge, I am making a an association between infinity and the concept of God.

You are making an association that cannot be falsified and so is meaningless... good job that...

When we grasp vanilla ice cream, we begin to grasp the concept of God

There is no special case to the concept of vanilla ice cream, nor does my logic require a special circumstance, the concept of vanilla ice cream is common knowledge, I am making a an association between vanilla ice cream and the concept of God.

You could equally choose to replace "infinity" with "nice sharp pencils".

It still doesn't actually make any sense (unless, of course, you say there's something special about infinity or God, but that would be special pleading and you have said you are not doing that)

No you couldn't, nice sharp pencils and vanilla ice cream wouldn't refer to eternal existence, which was my point.

Edited by photon propeller

Is it weird? Or is it obvious. Energy and mass are different forms of the same thing. Are we not all concentrated forms of shimmering energy? We are all constituents of a universal one.

So, what you are saying is my fiancee has a little god in her?

"But if this is the case, why assign God the role of creator? Isn't that

like making up an imaginary friend and then giving him credit for making

the wind blow?"

They do it because they feel it creates some infallible law the supercedes mans agenda. The saddest part about this is for one, they alter their beliefs based on the world. and two, it is basically assuming that we only have morals because of god. Which, undermines mans achievements and capabilities.

Could we all agree that humankind should put aside their differences and join the race for knowledge? As that knowledge grows so will our perception. The hunt for knowledge is the quest for meaning. The quest for everything, not nothing. It is our only chance to survive. How many countless alien civilizations may have already destroyed themselves? Will we do the same, or shall we grow as our knowledge does? In a universe of equilibrium, an intrinsic balancing of positive and negative forces, it is the power of the living to choose to create or destroy. Like a feather falling on one end or the other which may teeter the grand scale of the universe into oblivion or perpetual growth. Humility is admitting we dont know everything, and it is the path to knowledge.

For us to all come together, in anything permanent. Is to go against the very laws you said god created. What is this contradiction all about?

So, what you are saying is my fiancee has a little god in her?

"But if this is the case, why assign God the role of creator? Isn't that

like making up an imaginary friend and then giving him credit for making

the wind blow?"

They do it because they feel it creates some infallible law the supercedes mans agenda. The saddest part about this is for one, they alter their beliefs based on the world. and two, it is basically assuming that we only have morals because of god. Which, undermines mans achievements and capabilities.

For us to all come together, in anything permanent. Is to go against the very laws you said god created. What is this contradiction all about?

If you read and understood my posts you would know the laws i said God created are the laws of physics. Not the refutable laws written by prophets for mainstream religion. There is no contradiction. We can all unite in the hunt for knowledge, for our knowlegde is incomplete.

If you read and understood my posts you would know the laws i said God created are the laws of physics. Not the refutable laws written by prophets for mainstream religion. There is no contradiction. We can all unite in the hunt for knowledge, for our knowlegde is incomplete.

Since you know so much about what God has done, can you tell me if he's omnipotent? Can he circumvent the physical laws you claim he created?

• 5 months later...

omnipotence is not infinite power, it is all power. One may have all the power yet that power still has limits. I believe our universe is a portion of Gods energy, as I believe we all are, within that universe there are limits, I do not believe it is the total of Gods energy.

omnipotence is not infinite power, it is all power. One may have all the power yet that power still has limits. I believe our universe is a portion of Gods energy, as I believe we all are, within that universe there are limits, I do not believe it is the total of Gods energy.

You are of course welcome to believe anything you want but no evidence supports that particular belief.

We are all constituents of one dynamic energy, FACT. How we label it is the only difference. I label it God.

Well then, if it's a "fact" then you shouldn't have too much trouble showing us some evidence of this "fact" other than your assertion it is a fact...

"Man's life has been given so ardently to the observance of complex phenomenon of appearances, that appearances have become his facts, and the one reality has become mere conjecture." Walter Russell

Well then, if it's a "fact" then you shouldn't have too much trouble showing us some evidence of this "fact" other than your assertion it is a fact...

Are we not all the concentrated debris of stars? Were those stars not all the concentration of simpler elements? Are those simpler elements not concentrations of energy? we are all of one dynamic energy, FACT

"Man's life has been given so ardently to the observance of complex phenomenon of appearances, that appearances have become his facts, and the one reality has become mere conjecture." Walter Russell

Are we not all the concentrated debris of stars? Were those stars not all the concentration of simpler elements? Are those simpler elements not concentrations of energy? we are all of one dynamic energy, FACT

So god is photons?

The appeal to authority is kind of weak...

I label water god.. fact are we all not made of mostly water? fact!

I think i'll go have a bottle of god with a few impurities like alcohol and hops for flavoring...

Edited by Moontanman

So god is photons?

The appeal to authority is kind of weak...

I label water god.. fact are we all not made of mostly water? fact!

I think i'll go have a bottle of god with a few impurities like alcohol and hops for flavoring...

Everything is energy, we are all of one energy. How we label that energy or its source is the only difference.

Everything is energy, we are all of one energy. How we label that energy or its source is the only difference.

Then what is the point of labeling energy god? What does the label god add to the concept of energy? It's like labeling the water on the earth "mighty water" it adds nothing to the definition but obfuscation...

Then what is the point of labeling energy god? What does the label god add to the concept of energy? It's like labeling the water on the earth "mighty water" it adds nothing to the definition but obfuscation...

Very good question! The answer is profound, It is to realize your oneness with God.

God created the realm and the rules. We are the players. The game is choice.

Science does not disprove God. It investigates truth and reveals the methods of creation. Those who seek knowledge, seek God.

Infinite potential has existed since the beginning.

Basic rational thinking disproves all existing claims of a deity, forget science. Of which 'God' do you refer to?

Science does not disprove God. It investigates truth and reveals the methods of creation. Those who seek knowledge, seek God.

Those who seek knowledge, seek knowledge. Those who seek God, say 'God' did it.

If science can't disprove God, you can't prove God. Therefore making assertions like that is evidence of no thought process on the matter.

Edited by Iota

Basic rational thinking disproves all existing claims of a deity, forget science. Of which 'God' do you refer to?

Those who seek knowledge, seek knowledge. Those who seek God, say 'God' did it.

If science can't disprove God, you can't prove God. Therefore making assertions like that is evidence of no thought process on the matter.

The God I refer to is the source of the one energy which we are all constituents of.