Which area of science should I get a PhD in?

Corrmaz

I really like science and I wanted to become a physicist. How ever my math skils aren't very strong so I wanted to get a job in science fields but which one should I go in to that dosent require a ton of math. Im still considering physicist, so is the math really that bad.

Mathematics is the language of science. You can't avoid it. Physics is the most mathematical branch there is, so if you don't feel like you would ever feel comfortable doing multivariable calculus and more abstract math, then it's not for you. What maths do you already know? Your best bet is to take a class in every field that interests you during your undergrad before you even start thinking about grad school.

Give maths a another try. You may have had a not so good experience with it in school, don't let that make you hate maths. Try Khanacademy it is really good.

If you really don't want to so something with maths, then maybe biology and chemistry is a good bet. But, I still feel you should give maths another try, you might discover that you are actually good at it. Buy books and learn maths online, don't be discouraged by your math grade in school.

• 1 month later...