Need help if possible

Orlando

Hi guys, I'm new here. Quick question, and I really need help doing so. How do I trick my mind into seeing clear, vivid things that aren't actually there? Google was useless, so this is really my last hope. There's got to be some way.

Oh, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I thought it would fit under here best.

Edited by Orlando

Watch a movie?

You're obviously talking about some kind of induced hallucination. Can you tell us what you want to accomplish? There are some cool optical illusions you can do to yourself, but that may not be what you're after.

The city I live in is quiet and boring. I would like to 'hallucinate' and see taller buildings, more people, flashing lights...stuff like that, without drugs.

Edited by Orlando

Find works of fiction that are written in a style that fires your visual imagination such that they immerse you, take you out of your present reality and put you in another one. Tolkien, Douglas Adams, and Terry Pratchett used to do it for me.

Edited by StringJunky