takeaway food and god, freedom of choice

menageriemanor

'Father Gerald Cavanagh, a business professor at the Roman Catholic University of Detroit Mercy
who has written about religion and business, says studies show
companies with religious ties tend to have better values and working
environments. Any manager “has the right to have a point of view, but as
a businessman, he has to keep an eye on stakeholders,” Cavanagh says.
They risk alienating consumers and must be careful not to discriminate
on the basis of religion.

After reading that, we are immediately presented with :

1) the fact that large fast food chains are prominent in any list of corporations with "religious ties" - they are not nearly as prominent in lists of corporations known for excellent working environments and good values.

2) a list of examples of religion-tied fast food corporations blatantly discriminating - in their hiring, franchising, and customer service - on the basis of religion.

Hello?

sorry if I put it in the wrong spot. Just thought it interesting, and as an atheist, supporter of gay equality with straight people, I would like to know if someone was spending profits in a way that would upset me. I almost never buy takeaway, once in 3 or 4 years? Had never thought about it, and just thought others would like to know. Left it as neutral as possible, in initial entry. Some may favour these businesses. I just think we should know. In Oz, I only recognise one name, but I'd like to know about the obsessions of a lot of these major businesses' owners.