alcohol and memory

Hi

I am curious as to how the brain works under the influence of alcohol. I had several drinks the other night and found myself speaking with more meaning and knowledge in a way. Does alcohol make you able to think more clearly?

You thought you were speaking with more meaning and knowledge.. How about your listeners?

What may have happened is that the alcohol freed your inhibitions,giving you the confidence to express your thoughts in a more fluent way than when completely sober.

it`s a GABA antagonist, and will effect the part of the brain that deals with inhibitions (as well as other parts).

hence the saying "A Drunk man cannot tell lies", although not entirely true in itself, it does mean that if you WANTED to tell the truth in everyday life but feared hurting feelings etc... you are Less likely to "hold Back" when intoxicated.

so basicly alc does NOT make you think more clearly, it just makes a mess of your Sociel inhibitors and can create the ILLUSION of clearer thought, driving skills, playing darts or whatever.

Hi

I am curious as to how the brain works under the influence of alcohol. I had several drinks the other night and found myself speaking with more meaning and knowledge in a way. Does alcohol make you able to think more clearly?

How does this have to do with memory?

What about information intake.. i mean does having alcohol in you mean you are more able to learn things than if you didn't? for example if someone was telliing you something complicated, are you going to be more able to understand it with alcohol?

What about information intake.. i mean does having alcohol in you mean you are more able to learn things than if you didn't? for example if someone was telliing you something complicated, are you going to be more able to understand it with alcohol?

No.