Programming big and efficient....

albertlee

If you knew an OO programming language...Let's say Java

Whenever you are programming, you always use the jdk doc, especially its api

but since it is quite a big doc, how can you know where you can find the best class to make an object for a better function??

Secondly, if you are programming big, how do you apply UML? do you just draw the diagrams your self???

By the way, finally we'd have alot of .class files... I have seen people made them in just one *.exe file, how is it possible??

Albert

well,

java provides massive, zillion amount of classes.....

each class is related one another.... or inherited

To me, I think we would not even use half of all the classes.....

ALthough the doc provide information for each class, but it is really huge!

By the way, as in the doc, Object class is the most important, because it is the super father class......

Maybe we could find out a big idea by finding the major classes of how java is based on??

Albert

If you knew an OO programming language...Let's say Java

Whenever you are programming' date=' you always use the jdk doc, especially its api

but since it is quite a big doc, how can you know where you can find the best class to make an object for a better function??

Secondly, if you are programming big, how do you apply UML? do you just draw the diagrams your self???

By the way, finally we'd have alot of .class files... I have seen people made them in just one *.exe file, how is it possible??

Albert[/quote']

It's been a while since I used Java, I'm a C++ user.

When you're looking for a class to inherit from it's as simple as looking for the one with the most useful behaviour that you need. Since you're still learning you'll make mistakes but you'll learn the ins/outs of other classes and know how to use those in the future.

There are sometimes several classes you can inherit from and they'll each do the job nicely.

As for building a Java project into a .exe there are linkers that can do that. Check some Java programming sites with programming utility applications on them.

I used to use Java++ which I'm pretty certain can create .exe files.