Exist any scientific approach to disentangle the possible inmortality of mind
in an atheistic context?

From a scientific point of view [only theoretically] is much more accesible to
theorize about inmortality of mind [i.e. some computerized simulators pretend
to 'reproduce' the personality of John Lennon - a sort o Madame Tussauds of
A.I.-,
etc] than to theorize on the ethereal, and extremely abstract
concept of God.

I can't see it happening. The best you could aim for is to feed in all opinions, public utterances. Even if you could get a computer to have the same opinions, it would never have new experiences, never develop as Lennon or anyone would have, because no one knows what would have effected his life and thoughts. His views on everything cannot be known, the experiences that effected him that he never discussed can never be known, but I cannot see why the abstract fantasy of gods have to come into the question.

To me, I can't imagine such a thing as anything but a very quickly boring Tussauds type entertainment.

If you are envisaging some sort ability to compute a living brains personality and knowledge, before or after death, I think there are far more practical problems and future possibilities more attainable. Why Jonn Lennon, anyway? Why not Alan Turing, if you are aiming for a lost intelligence.

thanks.

i commit an error mentioning the Lennon example, however i found almost 0 e-information on an Atheistic Conception of the Afterlife.

Help me with this idea:

I find no reason to think our science 'understand' what is the reality.
Perhaps the reality in infinitely complex., or simply our senses too limited to decypher it.

That notion of Infinite Complexity i add to the notion of Fatalism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalism

If our reality is uninteligible, a Borgian Labrynth, an absurdity, why we must expect the Afterlife will not be a continuation of it?...

Isaac Asimov's interesting reflections about infinity & the afterlife:

http://www.worldvieweyes.org/resourc...&Reality5p.htm

I can see a mind being down loaded into a computer if it could live an internal artificial reality, like a directed dream world, I don't how long it would take for that to be deadly boring but it could possibly entertain the disembodied mind between communications with the outside world or it could maintain some sort of internal model of of the sensory input it received where the external reality is as real as ours is to us... Hmmm I think I've been this way before... sounds a bit like us...