how to publish a new idea in psychiatry

hi, i am a doctor but not an psychiatrist . i want to publish a new idea, which i think will help in the understanding of psychiatry.. can anyone suggest me as to what would be the best way to do so.. try to send as a paper to an journal, try to self publish a book or any other.. please reply

If you are a doctor then I would go back to the Medical School you qualified at and speak to the academic doctors who were your teachers in Psychiatry - discuss the idea with them and perhaps even proffer the idea of a co-authorship. If you did not study psychiatry as a clinical course, some countries do others do not, them perhaps enroll for a post-grad diploma/degree so that you have the grounding necessary to frame your ideas, promote any discovery, and understand the consequences of your proposals.

thank you..actually i am finishing my pg in another subject this year.. so i dont know if i will be eligible to do pg in psychiatry again. but i still feel my idea would be important so i am not sure as to what to do...

thank you..actually i am finishing my pg in another subject this year.. so i dont know if i will be eligible to do pg in psychiatry again. but i still feel my idea would be important so i am not sure as to what to do...

Well, as with any idea, you want to do research on the idea that ties your idea into being a strong argument, as such a valid and sound thesis. Despite you have an "idea," that does not mean it is much of an idea without research or other observations to back it up.

Yes, you can go back to the medical school and describe the idea, but it would be wise to attempt to do research on the idea to see if anyone has had the same idea or something similar. Another idea is to see if someone has had the opposite idea. And in finding similar ideas, you can build up research, sources, and references if they exist. If they do not exist, then you have a genuine idea, and you have to explore and design a research program for it.