Chemistry: Sodium Oxide

Chuquis

Can sodium oxide conduct electricity in solution? I know it can't when its solid.

Another thing, Does it have a high melting point?

Would it conduct electricity in its molten form?

Lepton you're asking very direct questions, which result in yes and no answers from who ever answers them, which rules out the whole point of this being a homework help question it does state "For assistance with (but not answers to) homework "problems.

When Sodium is solid it's ions are being held in place, they can't move freely, and the formation of energy will be prohibited. I think that is all I can really say, so what do you know that happens when ions are able to move?

Hm, hope this in some way helped.

You should try a simple web search, as you will then find your own answers and very fast. There are going to be a lot of pages that will talk soley about Sodium Oxide.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to these forums and I'm gathering from the posts above that we're not allowed to give direct answers to people's homework questions. Very righteous of you all; you're doing them a favor (and I'm not being sarcastic, haha).

When Sodium is solid it's ions are being held in place, they can't move freely, and the formation of energy will be prohibited. I think that is all I can really say, so what do you know that happens when ions are able to move?

Izzy_Bee gave you the answer right there ^^.

I assume you know that compounds in aqueous solution dissociate into ions. With this knowledge you should be able to at the very least answer your first question off the bat.

If you're struggling, repost or message me man.

Edited by LondonDispersion