And the atheist has said - God is evil

seriously disabled

Many atheists say that God is just evil or maybe he just doesn't exist because of the great injustices in the world.

Personally I think that if God exists then he must be evil. I mean why else would God ignore suffering, poverty and injustice?

Also the existience of hell would be the worst thing possible. No contest. Any god that would allow something like that to exist is evil. Immoral. Corrupt. Whichever adjective is needed to convey that whatever Deity is okay with an eternal hell no matter the person is a <profanity removed> of the highest order. Save me a seat if needed.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co.il/2007/01/how-many-has-god-killed-complete-list.html

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist,, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

!

Moderator Note

While discussing proposed attributes of gods and whether or not they are consistent and discussing various Problem of Evil type topics is perfectly acceptable, flaming for the sake of flaming is not.

Also, this is a discussion forum rather than a lecture hall. If you wish to discuss the topics I mentioned above, feel free to start a new thread, but do so in a way that is conducive to discussion and do so without flaming.

See Rules 1 and 8:

1. Be civil.

a. No flaming. Refrain from insulting or attacking users in a discussion.

b. Avoid the use of vulgar language.

c. Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.

d. Please refer to SFN's etiquette guide before posting.

8. Preaching and "soap-boxing" (making topics or posts without inviting, or even rejecting, open discussion) are not allowed. This is a discussion forum, not your personal lecture hall. Discuss points, don't just repeat them.