Missing posts

OH!!!

'recovering-sayo' has been degraded back to 'admin-sayo' !!!! :D

how do you know it happened then?

outta interest, surely as an admin you have access to the whole of the server's HDD even though you are not physically there?

if so couldnt you find out why this has happened?

(im not telling you to do so, just asking if you could.)

also about a page went missing off that 'Does gravity work at absolute zero?' thread, not just JaKiri's post.

how do you know it happened then?

Because they weren't there, and then they were.

outta interest, surely as an admin you have access to the whole of the server's HDD even though you are not physically there?

Not in the least.

also about a page went missing off that 'Does gravity work at absolute zero?' thread, not just JaKiri's post.

I really don't see how that's relevant to a discussion about that one post. Also, remember that talking about threads in terms of "pages" is fairly meaningless, because we all have different 'posts per page' preferences.

Not in the least.

can i assume that is a 'no' ?

I really don't see how that's relevant to a discussion about that one post. Also, remember that talking about threads in terms of "pages" is fairly meaningless, because we all have different 'posts per page' preferences.

it wasnt relavant, hence i posted it in this thread where it IS relavant as that is the topic of the original post, as i saw a connection to it in another thread, rather than interupting that thread i said it where it belongs!

fair point about the post per page thing though ;)! (however many it was, it was a lot of posts).

can i assume that is a 'no' ?

Why would having a particular boolean value set in the database for a third party web script on one of many virtual servers give a random person access to an entire box's HDD?

it wasnt relavant, hence i posted it in this thread where it IS relavant as that is the topic of the original post, as i saw a connection to it in another thread, rather than interupting that thread i said it where it belongs!

What?

fair point about the post per page thing though ;)! (however many it was, it was a lot of posts).

Check how many posts per page you browse at. It's under User CP -> Options.

Check how many posts per page you browse at. It's under User CP -> Options.

i know where it is! it was set on 'forum default' but as soon as your post #27 i remember about it and changed it to 100 per page (as i have broadband and its mainly text, dont take long to load), then i saw this so i already know the answer without looking, i didnt do 500 per page coz i thought of joke section and like and thought it'd be a bit over the top.

What?

you'd said:

"I really don't see how that's relevant to a discussion about that one post."

to which i replied a load of crap! which was meant to mean something like the reason a lot of posts (referred to as a page before) missing is linked to JaKiri's missing is that you'd noticed that JaKiri's was missing, i was pointing out it was more than one - its relavance is that its not only JaKiri's but a whole load of discussion, i suppose one could say it wasnt relevant but related and no im not have a word definition debate with you! so you win! but i mean, whatever, it was related in that it was about missing post(s) in same thread so i just said it!

Hello Everyone.

To put an end to speculation, the site was transferred early yesterday to a new server, with DNS unexpectingly taking longer. By the time it was viable to complete another site transfer (to rescue all older posts), there had already been enough usage/activity of these boards to make another site transfer (rescuing old posts, but deleting all new posts) a bad decision.

Blike was well aware and informed via a newsletter sent out to all customers of the change, and I apologize about the inconvenience you all may have experienced with this change.

For your information, the server was upgraded, not "hacked," and you may all rest assured that backups are preformed nightly and off-site to ensure redundant data integrity. While no server is completely secure, we do run a more strict level of security procedures and settings than most.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a nice day.

Blike was well aware and informed via a newsletter sent out to all customers of the change, and I apologize about the inconvenience you all may have experienced...

I just double checked my User CP, and I definitely have "Receive email from administrators" enabled, yet I don't recall getting any such bulletin or newsletter about the change.

I just double checked my User CP, and I definitely have "Receive email from administrators" enabled, yet I don't recall getting any such bulletin or newsletter about the change.

No BLIKE had a newsletter from the server via email