Time comparison

goodyhi11

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rather hoping with my cake analogy that you'd catch the relationship between theory of relative space' date=' and recipe for cake.

I suppose I could have been more explicit.[/quote']

It's an interesting analogy. It suggests to me that a unique event happened called the invention of "cake" the like of which had never happened previously.

Sounds like a version of the big bang theory. It has a lot going for it : people who are credited with being the authors of such are deemed to be "gods" or at least favoured by GOD. A sort of echo of the GOD who some believe authored (I like that word) our universe ( and maybe lots of others if he/she/it was into cookery).

we can't really consider something that is not known.

What is not known becomes known by the process of consideration. It has to be knowable of course. Consideration is shorthand for a whole host of activities.

OK - so the universe started out non-homogeneous. It would seem difficult for a singularity (the thing that got "banged"), to be non-homogeneous would it not? Wouldn't all the non-homogeneity have been "squeezed" out the singularity by definition? I guess the question is: where did the non-homogeneity come from? How would it arise from a homogeneous singularity?

Yes, this is a big problem with the big bang. Having said that, it would have been worse if the inhomogeneities were absent.

Yes, this is a big problem with the big bang. Having said that, it would have been worse if the inhomogeneities were absent.

Could asymmetrical behaviour have emerged some time after the singularity? I thought that a singularity (whatever that is or isn't) is where and when spacetime doesn't exist. That's a bummer for scientists because they can't say anything about it - but I expect they won't stop trying. :D