Racial bias in the US...

Mr Rayon

I live in the southern US, to find such racist child would generally only require finding a private religious school... Possibly not that a direct connection but i see it regularly around me but i can say it's not as bad, even close, as it was 40 years ago. Being multi racial might give me a bit of a unique perspective on this.. i was raised to understand this attitude was a lie but even today it's not universally accepted that character has nothing to do with race and to be completely honest some blacks are as racist as some whites. I like to call it the angry old white/black man syndrome, I get it from both sides although black people are more likely to recognize my multi racial back ground than white people for some reason... my sky blue eyes confuses them ohmy.png

Never trust for-profit television shows masquerading as news. They first decide what will keep you from changing the channel and THEN write the story to match.

That's not to say racial bias doesn't exist. I just don't trust any study these people have done to write their piece.

I suppose Australians have no racial bias at all, right Mr Rayon?

My lineage is far more difficult to trace, though no doubt, given my dark complexion, has a link to an Iberian ancestry that has nothing to do with what I think of as my English roots. How much of what I think of as my ancestry is truly English? What can any of us say, has a truly ethnic origin?

It's also interesting to note that racism exists even though, from a scientific point of view, race pretty much doesn't exist.

Agreed, it's fairly easy to show that everyone alive around 3500 years ago is either the ancestor of everyone alive today or the ancestor of no one... a you tuber named c0nc0rdance has a great series of videos about this...

While I'm sure that racism is a massive problem, I wonder how many kids

they had to film before they found one one who so perfectly fited

the stereotype of "white child thinks non white child is a thief" .

Fewer than twenty, and only that many because you asked for a perfect fit. The general sentiment, qualified by such assertions as "not all black people are niggers"? Fewer than five.

Just find a school in a white neighborhood that voted 2/1 for Mitt Romney, and has a median income at or below the national median.

Consider the implications of the fact that Mitt Romney actually won the majority of the votes from married white men with children, in the last Presidential election. What would you expect from the children of those men?

Edited by overtone

I suppose Australians have no racial bias at all, right Mr Rayon?

In Australia, we are neither white or black but coloured people so there is no real racism here, just underlying surface racism. smile.png

Affirmative action policies and a healthy welfare system have ensured our Aboriginal population do not grumble for their stunted start in life in comparison to other ethnic groups.

In any case, racism or racial bias does not seem to be a such a serious issue as it is in the US imo!

What tourists think of Australia:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/lifestyle/article/-/16123264/australias-reality-check/

In Australia, we are neither white or black but coloured people so there is no real racism here, just underlying surface racism. smile.png

Affirmative action policies and a healthy welfare system have ensured our Aboriginal population do not grumble for their stunted start in life in comparison to other ethnic groups.

In any case, racism or racial bias does not seem to be a such a serious issue as it is in the US imo!

There are about 10% of Australians who feel as you do, however, an 11-year study by the University of Western Sydney's school of social science shows that 9 out of 10 people in Oz believe racial prejudice exists there. I think you're showing your own cultural bias by targeting the US in this thread. It's obviously a problem with a much larger scope.