Maybe Satan has more influence over things than God

seriously disabled

I'm starting to believe that Satan (also called the Devil) has much more control in the universe than God.

And it actually makes sense. So many people are suffering and dying or in terrible pain. And that's exactly what Satan wants.

Satan always wanted to oppress human souls and to take away our rights and he is so powerful that there is nothing we can do against him.

So maybe Satan is actually more in charge of things in the world and not God.

Just food for thought.

Edited by seriously disabled

Interestingly, in Greek mythology, the human beings were not created by Zeus (the king of gods) but by a Titan (another kind of supernatural being) called Prometheus.

Prometheus is that one who wanted to help the creature he made from clay and gave him the knowledge of fire (light). He was further condamned for that through immense cruelty.

The one who gives light in latin translation is Lucifer, another name for the Devil.

Edited by michel123456

I thought you didn't believe in God. Am I mistaken, or are you having a change of heart?

I still don't really believe in God. I still see no evidence that there is a God who cares about me and who understands my emotions. So I find it highly unlikely that a God exists given the current dire circumstances on this planet. People are suffering here and God doesn't care. Or maybe he does care but there is nothing that he can do because his powers are limited.

Lets face it. If there was a God who is able to understand human emotions and respond accordingly then the world would have been a much better place for everybody.

If mean if God existed couldn't he just create another Earth and move some of us there by his own power? Or perhaps he could transfer our consciousness into a super-durable robotic body so we could live for millions of years without feeling any pain or other negative emotions?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe neither exist at all and each are little more than temporary expressions of our own transient mental state.

No I think Satan exists and he is an evil being. I experienced him and he inflicted great pain and misery into my life. I believe that the devil (also called Satan) exists and that he can inflict great pain and suffering, like did to me.

No I think Satan exists and he is an evil being. I experienced him and he inflicted great pain and misery into my life. I believe that the devil (also called Satan) exists and that he can inflict great pain and suffering, like did to me.

Sure you weren't experiencing isolated sleep paralysis? It's a pretty terrifying though somewhat common experience.

I can't say I've ever run across anyone else who believed in the devil but not God. Do you think the devil created the universe?

Life can be a difficult painful struggle filled with turmoil and existential doubt all without a magical horned being sitting inside a volcano somewhere acting like a marionette pulling strings on equally mythical fates.