Fireworks!

Gilded

Alrighty then! 27th, the first day in Finland when you can buy fireworks (legally, that is). 6:00 PM on the 31st of December to 6:00 AM on the 1st of January is the period it's legal to get rid of them here.

What sort of activities are you planning for New Year's Eve? Nothing? Fireworks? Some refreshing ethyl alcohol mixtures? Quality time with drunken relatives telling you how to live your life?

At least I know what I'm doing:

Apocalypse: Now - Finland Edition

http://www.freewebs.com/gildedchem/apocalypsenow.jpg (a bit over 300kb, but high resolution, copy the address to your address bar since the direct link won't probably work)

And that's not all, going to buy a quite large assortment package later on the week. :)) And my friend's going to buy a similar amount. :D

I'd be destroying my physical health and public property if a certain pyrotechnic chemical provider would deliver between 13th-31st. :) Now though, I'm going to do the exactly same thing, but in a less dangerous way. :))

"what may i ask is the "tankki" ?"

They are cardboard tanks that move forward on the ground with a thrust charge, simultaneously shooting crackling ammo from the cannon. That package has 4 of them in it. Also, I saw a kinds of mega tanks for sale from one provider - they first move and shoot upwards, then their little little cardboard radar turns, then it shoots forwards with crackling ammo and then releases small firecracker mines from the back. :)) Didn't buy them though, bloody expensive buggers (€3.5 a piece). Innovative firework making though, one might say. :))

Hooah lets celebrate our new year and country by blowing a small portion of it up lol (quote from the Simpson's). I like to put small scale color charges in my model rockets right where the parachute would go and the charge sets it off and it gets pretty high and if the mixture works it can look cool and tryin to get certain colors is fun lol.

just a quicky.

does anyone know the solubility of Copper Chlorate compared to Potassium Sulphate?

I plan on making a batch of Copper Chlorate, with the CuSO4 and KClO3 method, but which one will crystalise out 1`st?

I think you can guess that I`m still trying to perfect Blue Stars for a Rocket on New Years eve :)

just a quicky.

does anyone know the solubility of Copper Chlorate compared to Potassium Sulphate?

I plan on making a batch of Copper Chlorate' date=' with the CuSO4 and KClO3 method, but which one will crystalise out 1`st?

I think you can guess that I`m still trying to perfect Blue Stars for a Rocket on New Years eve :)[/quote']

See u are lucky u know what u are talkin about, I learned how to make model rockets into fire works by just taking normal fireworks apart sererating what made the colors and putting that where the parachute would go. I guess I am gonna have to read a few more books if I want to acualy make a good one and I am gonna spend more time learning to be able to answer question like YT's which is probly easy to most of u but seems like jibberish to me lol.

bleh wish i could get some fireworks but i'd have to drive a long way to canberra and even then they are illegal, except on the queens birthday long weekend but they might have changed that now. Their just sucking the fun out of everything.

Alrighty then! 27th' date=' the first day in Finland when you can buy fireworks (legally, that is). 6:00 PM on the 31st of December to 6:00 AM on the 1st of January is the period it's legal to get rid of them here.

What sort of activities are you planning for New Year's Eve? Nothing? Fireworks? Some refreshing ethyl alcohol mixtures? Quality time with drunken relatives telling you how to live your life?[/quote']

No, I just be sitting at home at my computer, posting on the internet. BTW, why is the "first day" you can buy fireworks in Finland? It is a local custum or a new law in effect?

"BTW, why is the "first day" you can buy fireworks in Finland? It is a local custum or a new law in effect?"

I don't know how much it has been in effect, pretty long anyway. But now I checked the midsummer thing, and it seems that you can use fireworks on the Midsummer Day too, in addition to New Year's Eve.