NHL Lockout

Fellowes

What do some people have to say about this?

I myself, being a hockey player, think it's brutal. I don't know every little detail, but to a 15 year old it seems that the players are whining about more money even though they're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dolloars every year just to play a game that they love! Seems ridiculous to me, but like I said I don't know the other smaller details. Less tax to pay from what I can see.

i actually don't miss it as much as i thought i would but i think around playoff time i'll start to miss those good ole game 7's that the leafs win lol. some players really piss me off like alexi yashin. he was only making 5 million dollars a year to play hockey but he though he needed 6 and wouldn't play. just makes me angry. i'd play in the nhl if all i got was a house a car and food that would be the life.

I was mad but now I love it I go to bulldog games now and they are cheaper, way more hockey fights n way more hits. Let the brats argue til they get no $$ and we wont pay em to be spoiled brats then see em all run back n play for peanuts like they used to, lol oh yea they also played goalie with no HELMETS!!

I don't know every little detail, but to a 15 year old it seems that the players are whining about more money even though they're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dolloars every year just to play a game[/u'] that they love!
About 10 years ago, I stopped watching ALL professional sports for this very reason. The last straw for me was when the Denver Broncos, who I had supported all my life, told the city they would take the franchise elsewhere unless we built them a new stadium.

I haven't missed it a bit. I have more time for more important things than listening to overpaid whiners.

Haven't missed that much ... actually minors & European series are filling the gap pretty good. On a side note, cutting overall costs by x % would be a solution I'd see fitting, caps are sure great but in principle wouldn't want to be employed such that what I get depends on the financial yield. And don't see why anyone else would see that fitting either, no matter how much they make.

Hopefully. It did a nice job of screwing up all of the young Euro players who's jobs are being taken by the NHL players. They're getting screwed over. Alot of people in Europe are. (the players i mean) All these young players that have a chance to play in the show and they aren't even getting any icetime because of all these NHL players taking their places. It's a crucial time and not getting any icetime or exposure will definately hurt them...