SFN Server Issues

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/delete-first-row-in-quote-r40935

I don't get exactly what he did to fix it (apparently), it looked like in both tries he did the same thing, he deleted the upper text, yet in the second try the box didn't disappear. I didn't drag the selection to past the first letter, yet it still disappeared.

If you backspace exactly to the beginning of the first sentence without overshooting you keep the box. Probably the quickest way I've found is put your cursor in front of the first sentence and press Enter so it pushes it down to the next line then highlight and delete the sentence as normal.

Edit: Just noticed if you place the cursor after doing the above back in the top row and press Delete the box will disappear. It would seem the code for the box is embedded invisibly on that line.

Edited by StringJunky

If you backspace exactly to the beginning of the first sentence without overshooting you keep the box. Probably the quickest way I've found is put your cursor in front of the first sentence and press Enter so it pushes it down to the next line then highlight and delete the sentence as normal.

Edit: Just noticed if you place the cursor after doing the above back in the top row and press Delete the box will disappear. It would seem the code for the box is embedded invisibly on that line.

Nope I did it exactly from start to finish of the first sentance still no box.

Edited by SamBridge

• 2 months later...

Has anyone noticed any server trouble lately?

It seems that some pages load really slowly, but I am not sure if this is a problem on my end of the line, or on the server side.

No not really from my POV.

It seems to me it's getting slow when cross-posting happens. But that's maybe me, I don't use up-to-date machines and my connection(s) is (are) slow. That's a side effect of economic crisis in Greece.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i'm consistently receiving this message,

" Science Forums is currently unavailable

SFN is offline briefly for an upgrade to the latest forum software and should be back online at around 10:20am GMT. Visit the chatroom in the meantime! "

We've also lost the 'view last post' buttons.

Yea upgrades.

There is a way around this problem (so long as you can get past the "SFN is offline briefly for an upgrade to the latest forum software and should be back online at around 10:20am GMT" problem).

As you move your mouse from post description to post description in the new content view, you should see a gray circle that contains a small downarrow that moves up and down with your mouse. That circle is between the thread title and reply count fields. Move your mouse over that circle. The background should switch from gray to black. Click on it. This expands the description of the thread. You'll see a summary of the opening post, the first unread post, and the last post. Click on one of those and you'll be able to go to the selected post.

You can just go to the far right and click on today, which will give you the last post, but not the next post you haven't read yet.

We've also lost the symbol which says you've posted in this thread.

Edited by ACG52

Hi guys, my apologies for the issues. Unfortunately there were some critical security updates which needed to be applied, otherwise I would have notified in advance of the updates. Combined with a few family issues over the last 24 hours this hasn't been as smooth as I would have liked.

Hopefully the offline message is now sorted (a bit of a web server issue). I'm working on correcting the rest of the issues and will have an update for you later on this evening.

Update: Okay, I've pushed a few buttons and the style issues seem to be resolved. But if anyone still has problems, let us know - just be sure to do a refresh or two first.