A momment of silence...

DimShadow7

MPAA has struck again, chopping the bit-torrent society at the knees. Suprnova.org has finally fallen. For many bit-torrenters, this was the best, if not only, site to get .torrent files. All I can say is that it will be greatly missed. If any others have anything to say, please share your comments here.

Thank you

RIP Suprnova

ed2k is a good program for downloads , it has a plugin which can also search and download for torrent files , it also has an online database http://www.filedonkey.com/ which you can search for what you want and which then you copy the found file hash key as a pointer for your e2dk program to use for download or you could just use a normal search method through the program itself ..

news is that suprnova staff are now concentrating on a decentralised bittorrent protocol. so that there is no need to rely on a central tracker. its called Exeem. look it up on google. not much info

is isohunt still on? last time i heard they shut down voluntarerely.

As I've seen said on quite a few blogs from various people now, this isn't really going to change anything.

When Napster came along, it was a revolution - easy file sharing. Then the RIAA comes along and shuts it down. What happens? A bunch of programmers that don't particularly like this come along and code bittorrent, gnutella, and a bunch of other de-centralized protocols. It just so happens that bt is quite easy to take down because you have to store the torrents in a central location.

It won't be long before another bunch of programmers come up with something equally as exciting - as eXeem promises to be - and then the RIAA/MPAA are going to find it pretty tough going to stop these things.

The problem with the RIAA and MPAA is that they're just too greedy. They're used to sitting there and selling CDs/DVDs/etc at vastly overcharged prices and basting in their obese profit margins, thank you very much. When something comes along that threatens to change the way they do business, they'd rather fight it than adapt and maybe even use p2p to their advantage.

The entire thing reminds me of a kid whose parents are trying to take him to get his hair cut; he doesn't want to go, so he just fights all the way. However, when he gets there, he finds it isn't so bad after all.

I really hope the RIAA/MPAA finds it ain't so bad.

Look, it's just a tactical move on the part of SuprNova's admins - read between the lines on their announcement; it's not that subtle. To suggest that the MPAA felled the organisation is simply not a true account of the events.

There is no way the MPAA or anyone else can kill the protocol BitTorrent uses, and as long as the architecture of the net stays decentralised, there's no way they can stop people using it.

SuprNova is dead, long live Exceem. And so forth.

I disagree - the state of affairs doesn't change based on the person's knowledge of it.

For many bit-torrenters[/b'], this was the best, if not only, site to get .torrent files.

For me, the only place to get milk late at night is the garage across the street. It doesn't matter that there's a 24 hour tesco in luton, if I don't know of it or can't access it.