Warp Drive Now Possible

Negative energy, however, is required. Now, I'm just speculating, but don't black holes separate particle/anti-particle pairs, with the resulting

anti-particle being a particle of negative mass and therefore negative energy? If this is the case, does the toropidal capacitor operate like this,

or does it simply utilize the Caismir effect? I too am unsure of how the capacitor generates warp, and probably will never know as Dr. White

has signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Negative energy, however, is required. Now, I'm just speculating, but don't black holes separate particle/anti-particle pairs, with the resulting

anti-particle being a particle of negative mass and therefore negative energy? If this is the case, does the toropidal capacitor operate like this,

or does it simply utilize the Caismir effect? I too am unsure of how the capacitor generates warp, and probably will never know as Dr. White

has signed a non-disclosure agreement.

No, an antiparticle only has opposite electrical charge... not negative mass....

How does warp drive maintain the conservation of energy and momentum? Does the expansion of space behind you push away nearby planets and stars as reaction mass? If you can repel planetary mass remotely (and efficiently). Then you can launch hover and land large nuclear powered spacecraft on Earth without all the inconvenience and hassle of multi stage rockets. Just like they do in all those alien invasion films wink.png You just need to make a few adjustments to CERN or the LHC and they will launch into interstellar space I am sure.

Would it be possible to spin the warp bubble so that it takes a corkscrew path to destination? And would that help shed the radiation and crud building up in the compressed space at the front of the bubble so you dont incinerate yourself when you turn it off?

• 4 weeks later...

couldnt you use something like a vandegraph generator.turned on its side.positive ions coming off of the positive pole would be pulling it forward and negative ions would be pushing.using voltages high enough to ionize the first and second levels of the air atoms.and in space wouldnt you just ionize hydrogen of high enough current and voltage .or would you also need a solenoid inside the craft to create a magnetic field to drive the ions past the craft?

wouldnt all dust particles be destroyed because of the high mass of the craft due to kenetic energy.kinda like a small car cutting a big car in half due to the small car moving fast and the big car setting still?

wouldnt an engine that i talk of have a ball at top and a ball on bottom oriented towards source of high gravity?

wouldnt this engine have a spiral coil solenoid that was wide at the top and narrow at the bottom?

wouldnt this engine look alot like the cadueceus medical symbol that is over four thousand years old?

so is nasa really building anything new?

Edited by robomont

• 1 month later...

I'm not versed in this topic, but several comments regarding warp drive theory in this forum sparked an idea. If we assume this type of warp drive is possible, could we not detect its use? Assume an advanced alien civilization has already harnessed this technology, could anyone out there propose how we might detect its use? Early comments suggested radiation could be a giveaway, or even detecting curving light. Seems detecting the use of warp technology would be simpler then constructing it.

I'm not versed in this topic, but several comments regarding warp drive theory in this forum sparked an idea. If we assume this type of warp drive is possible, could we not detect its use? Assume an advanced alien civilization has already harnessed this technology, could anyone out there propose how we might detect its use? Early comments suggested radiation could be a giveaway, or even detecting curving light. Seems detecting the use of warp technology would be simpler then constructing it.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that since space is curved rather than flat you wouldn't so much be traveling between two points but rather connecting them in the same time-space. Like drawing a line on a piece of paper between two points. Yes there is distance but if you fold the paper so that the two points touch you have negated the need to travel that distance.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, sorry for the long wait, but I have been reading up on one of Harold White's latest papers, "Warp Field Mechanics 102".

To put it simply, he oscillates the density of "exotic" matter and changes the shape of it to reduce the required density to

that of the Voyager 1 spacecraft (in terms of metric tons). This is still unfeasible, because only minute pseudo-negative pressure

has been observed (Casimir effect).

I apologize for not being able to post a screenshot of the graph showing this phenomena.

Edited by Alyaarn

How much grant money is seriously being given to people doodling about what they think would happen if they had a fuel that didn't exist.

... Here's a hint: if all you know is that you need a material with negative mass.... You couldn't begin to logically estimate what other laws of physics this matter would ignore. The theory of moving a bubble of space is fine.... But trying to pretend that it's a breakthrough because old math said 10^63 and new math says 10^4..... I'm sorry, but you're talking about the specific efficacy of an imaginary material. Changing the numbers accomplishes exactly nothing. Stop defrauding grant writers who could be funding actual research.

Will it not take a warp drive to harvest this "exotic material?" If the object will be propelled by oscilating the material's density, how much energy will be required to fundamentally change that densité? Will thé equipment reauired to do si ne larger than thé shop being propelled?

When you find this "exotic material," you can start running tests on it. Until then, this research is an obvious scham.

This discussion on warp drive is concentrated on interstellar travel. I would think that a more practical application would be a global transportation system. Jump in a bubble in New York and instantly get out in LA. Send anything anywhere on the globe instantly to another global location. Is this more achievable than interstellar travel? Or do the same problems and energy budget exist regardless of distance? Just a thought.

Actually, is a warp drive really able to go faster then 2c? Space-time gravitational waves move at the speed of light, so that means that it contracts and expands at the speed of light, so doesn't that mean a warp drive can only go as fast as 2c?

I'm not really sure what you mean, but it sounds like some kind of mis-interpretation of the limits placed by the Lorentz Transformation. Classically we can not observe anything traveling faster then or observe mass traveling at, the speed of light. And this is because as you speed up, not only does time slow time, but the relative perception of space moving away from an object contracts while the space in front in a way expands, making it so that two objects going away from each other observe the distance being reduced and time slowing down just enough that neither fully reach the speed of light.

With the warp drive however, it is a completely different concept that requires very dense matter or advanced manipulation of the fabric of space. If you can imagine a gravitational well, that 4 dimensional space is being distorted, and as being composed of matter you will have to naturally follow the path of that distortion. But, what if you could ignore that gravitational well and proceed to the next point in Euclidean space? Well then there's no problem because it is the same exact principal as reducing the distance to the next point from the relative view of the space craft. A warp drive basically reduces the distance between two points in Euclidean 3 dimensional space by warping the 4 dimensional Einstein space and ignoring those deformations in some way. At least that's my interpretation of how it could physically occur in reality.

Otherwise there is a notion that it is space which is moving from the relative perspective of the space craft, and because there is no limit on how fast the fabric of space itself may travel, there may be a way to move space itself past the space ship to reach the next point. But since that's basically what you're already doing when you walk, which is to say that you observe the world moving past you and not vice-versa, it seems that is still limited by the speed of light.

Otherwise there's also a hyper-drive in which you effectively slide into a topological sub-set of normal space where hopefully the rules of dimension and distance time will be different enough that a space ship can travel a small distance in hyperspace, then exit hyperspace to find they have traveled a greater amount of normal space distance.

As far as I know there isn't very much research on the Jump Drive, but my guess is that it could involve a wormhole to effectively bring two different points in space together. Or, you can change the probability of the ship's location to correspond to some other location in physical space like the imagined transporter that has been inspired by properties of quantum physics. Though for now it seems we would be limited to star-gate like technology where at most we would only be able to teleport between any two transportation devices and most likely in the form of photons unless we can find a direct way to control the probability of matter. Unless of course there is some way to manipulate the manifolds of space to create a correlation of position in space itself similar to a wormhole.

Edited by SamBridge

Alright guys, there has been an update.

There are some weak-positive results that suggest that light is being warped slightly by the use of an electric field

The first hour or so are explanations by Dr.Harold White.

Moreover, it has been recently discovered that an astronomical amount of negative energy or vacuum energy is present

at the focal line of an ellipsoid solar panel or mirror... I'm still baffled by this, and reading through papers concerning this topic.

Edited by Alyaarn