Radiation monitoring experiments

Gilded

i added:

russia

and little nooks and crannies in some old nuclear bunkers!!!

rocks

reindeer

^'s moss

AND i was summarising it all for him due to his post in another thread which was that he didnt know what to do with it... one whole big list like that might give him an idea.

ok so other than "Rocks" what did you contribute? THAT is my point :)

no list was needed, I assume he can read a thread?

as for the "Nuclear Bunker" that would be the LAST place anyone would logaicaly look, they`re designed to keep that stuff OUT! LOL :))

Hey by the way, do you happen to know how much for example the Chernobyl region measures these days? Also, it would be interesting to see how much background radiation increases when in an airplane 10km above the ground.

You know, a Geiger-Müller tube detects only ionizing radiation, and as far as I'm aware, mobile phones produce merely electromagnetic radiation.

"EM" and "ionizing" are not mutually exclusive. All photons are EM radiation. Photons above an eV or so (blue end of visible, and above, in frequency or energy) can be/are ionizing. Microwaves and mobile phones do not emit ionizing radiation, and so would not be detectible with a G-M tube.

• 2 weeks later...

one sec, you measure it as .8uSv but you think its .4uSv.... how does that work? you "think" its 1/2 of what it really is??? how can your thought be correct if you have measured it and it (your thought) is incorrect?

5614, as the decay rate isn't constant, sometimes it shows even over 1uSv/h, sometimes about 0.31uSv/h.

Took a few pictures:

http://www.freewebs.com/gildedchem/uraanie.jpg (trinitite pieces in the front, uranium ore in the back)

http://www.freewebs.com/gildedchem/geigermittari.jpg (a whopping 1.04uSv/h, this pic might be good for scaring people who don't know too much about radiation :)) )

Once again, copy the links to your address bar as freewebs blocks direct linking.

I remember YT saying wayyyyy back that if you filled a flask 1/3 full of glow in the dark paint that the energy released in its decay, would be enough to heat a cup of coffee.

Any glow-in-the-dark paint you can acquire these days is not likely to be radioactive.

I remember YT saying wayyyyy back that if you filled a flask 1/3 full of glow in the dark paint that the energy released in its decay, would be enough to heat a cup of coffee.

if you`re going to quote me at least get it right!!!!!!!

"Glow-in-the-dark" paint Dopped with RADIUM SALTS! please TRY and keep it in Context!!!!

as radium stay roughly 1 degree Celcieus above ambient temp.

if your going to quote me (or indeed ANYONE) include ALL of the facts, not just those that suit you!