A Chat room?

DocBill

The "other" forum I belonged too had a "chatroom" through sorcery.net. It was no biggie to set it up. We would arrange to have "Chats" by people in various fields (ussually friends of mine). For example, we had Michio Kaku (Strings), we had Elaine Morgan (Anthropology), and we had W. S. Davis (Cosmology). I also had Astronomer Martin Rees (Astronomer Royal of UK) interested, as well as Dorion Sagan (Yes: THAT Sagan), Lynn Margullis (Discovered Sybmiosis), Brian Greene (you all know who he is), Seth Shostack (SETI) and several others. But....I left the forum before all could come to fruition. Would that be possible here? Just wondering.

Thanks;

Bill

Briane Green?! He wrote The Elegant Universe didn't he?? I loved that book. Anyhow, the chat idea is great, but right now we don't have that many members, you think it would work with what we have right now?

Originally posted by blike

Briane Green?! He wrote The Elegant Universe didn't he?? I loved that book. Anyhow, the chat idea is great, but right now we don't have that many members, you think it would work with what we have right now?

Yeah. Brianes a neat guy. Actually, and this is the odd thing, the chatroom grew the membership a great deal. Imagine...having a gain of 200 members the day after a chat with Mike Kaku? Or an increase in 40 members after a chat with Elaine Morgan?

That is about what happened. Do I think it would work? Well, yes I do. The program mIRC is great (even I can use it) and works for sorcery.net.

Bill

Guest NuHertz

He is Bill, his powers are beyond human, he is the lord of the underwo-- of writing books about theology.. H-Heh.. hehe.. eh... ... .....

Originally posted by fafalone

We have an irc channel registered... maybe we can set something up.

Trust me.....you get the channel set up..I can fill it up.

Well..I can try anways.

Bill

PS: if this pans out...please let me know what guests you would like to chat with. You might just be suprised how many people I know in your world.

Originally posted by DocBill

Yeah. Brianes a neat guy. Actually, and this is the odd thing, the chatroom grew the membership a great deal. Imagine...having a gain of 200 members the day after a chat with Mike Kaku? Or an increase in 40 members after a chat with Elaine Morgan?

That is about what happened. Do I think it would work? Well, yes I do. The program mIRC is great (even I can use it) and works for sorcery.net.

Bill

If there is a chat room get them in! You don't know if Stephen Hawking has been in any chat rooms?

• 3 weeks later...

The mIRC channel is pointless because you have a moderator like Faf who will ban you for his own personal reasons. He's power hungry -- as many of you can already tell.

He banned me because I won't apologize to him because he has obsessive compulsive behavior. Kinda odd...

Originally posted by eric

The mIRC channel is pointless because you have a moderator like Faf who will ban you for his own personal reasons. He's power hungry -- as may of you can already tell.

He banned me because I won't apologize to him because he has obsessive compulsive behavior. Kinda odd...

banana.gif Welcome to IRC. You're in faf's world o' pain now!

blike, stop deleting my posts without informing me of it. It's really getting annoying.

what happened with eric:

eric's friend danielle signed on aim, i didn't even know she was still on my BL

I IMed him and said that she signed on

he said "get your own life you fucking faggot" then warned me and blocked me.

this deserves an apology, and eric will not be in my presence until he admits his childish response and apologize.

also notice how eric is the only person banned from the channel....

and its not being power hungry, if you act like that towards a leader in *any* organization you're a part of, i promise you will be fired/banned.