Doom3 Movie

Fellowes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doom as a game was greas I thought, and apparently so did thousands of others who signed the petition.. and these guys who created a bunch of characters with their 'twisted' minds have started quite an era of video games that are out there today

pc gamer obviously enjoeyed doom. 94% if i remember correctly. a materpiece of the art game form they said. i enjoyed it very much and all of my friends enjoyed it. well without those twisted minds fps would definetly not be as good as they are today. those so called twisted minds are genious. yur just jealous you didn't think of it and would be rich right now. you probably never even played the game or if you did yur computer couldn't handle it. how can you say who could like a game like that when so many people do. the petition has around 5000 signatures. theres 5000 people right there that like it.

DOOM 3 RULES!!

Doom is alright but its a bit old. Half life 2, now thats a game!

He's probably talking about Doom III.

no, and does anybody who likes Doom have any thoughts on the movie, rather than just those of you who come here to say that Doom sucks?

I like Doom, yet by today's standards it's missing a lot of gameplay innovations. As is Doom III.

Like what? Other than maybe some storyline its not missing anything really. Stunning graphics, real life physics, amazing detail, suspensful gameplay, good cinematics.....what more do you want? As for half life 2, it was pretty good. They could have done A LOT more work on the floor textures and some of the wall textures. The fact that you cant see your hands when picking things up is pretty shitty too, but othger than that it was alright, AND FFSJOE, were you talkin about DOom 3? cuz if you were its not old, it came out like 5 months ago..unless you mean old as in crappy to play ...

Like what? Other than maybe some storyline its not missing anything really. Stunning graphics, real life physics, amazing detail, suspensful gameplay, good cinematics.....what more do you want?

Actual suspensful gameplay, no cinematics as they break immersion, better puzzles, more gameplay variety, less sodding darkness.

As for half life 2, it was pretty good. They could have done A LOT more work on the floor textures and some of the wall textures.

Is that your biggest complaint?

The fact that you cant see your hands when picking things up is pretty shitty too, but othger than that it was alright

That's entirely deliberate, because with the amount of waving about the item usually does you'd either have to restrict that movement or have the interaction look terrible. You'd also cover up most of the item with the hand, making it more difficult to see what it is.

Doom3, on the other hand, has no character shadows. For a game that is designed to show off the engine, that's fairly poor.

Doom does suck as a matter fact.

Only 5000 people? Wow that's a lot of people....that is so amazing!!!!

I have played Doom3 at a friend's, it runs fine on his computer, but I still think it sucks.

Half-Life2 has an extremely good storyline and gameplay and has the added bonus of coming with CounterStrike Source. Halo 2 is another awesome game multiplayer wise....can't say too much about the single player though for Halo 2.

Encrypted

You can play Doom in thirdperson... and you dont find it suspensful at all?

Please define whether you're talking about Doom or Doom III. There is a slight difference you know.

Anyway, assuming you're talking about Doom III, there was no tension. There were things that were annoyingly anti-immersive all the way through, and any scares there were were cheap shocks rather than actual fear.

Movies change trends the way Michael Jackson changes skin color. With all the good possible superhero movie franchises taken (Read:Spider-Man, X-Men, not Daredevil, Elektra, Cat-woman etc.) They are looking towards video games for the basis of new action movies. Many of the games I know and love are being turned into movies that only inckude a stick-figure of the original plot plus a few names. I liked Resident Evil, even though I like the games much more, even though there were no characters from the game, just clever references to it. "Alone in the Dark" will be up next, and I have a sneaking suspicion that, even though I like those games too, it will be crappy. If they want to make a good movie based on a Ps2 survival horror game I say go with "Silent Hill". Anyone who has played any one of those games would agree that a movie based on that franchise would practically direct and write itself.

Anyways whats my point umm oh yeah

I have never played Doom3, even though I have been waiting for it to come out for like 11 years. id should have never shifted their efforts to the Quake series. I am sure the flavor of the game hasn't changed, and by the description of the movie I find leaving out all those things to be stupid. But remember it isn't gamers who are making this movie, its filmmakers who aren't concerned with the opinion or thoughts of the remaining Doom fans, just making the movie seem appealling as possible to their particular demographic. All about money.

you're welcome, Fellowes. I know I love silent hill, and after playing the first one years back I thought about the movie-like quality of the plot and setting and whatnot. I guess it doesn't bother me that they are discontinuing Doom, after I finished Doom2 for the 50th time and got done hoping for Doom3 I lost interest. The Quake series sucked. I played the original and thought it was okay. The 2nd, which had nothing to do with the first sucked too. I never played QuakeIII becasue it had no single player and all I got is dial up. *cowers*.

I am hoping to see what their new line of stuff might be though. I also think "Siren" would make a great Video game movie, if they did it right.

dont know siren...i never played any of the quake series, and i only have dial up as well *sigh* The only silent hill game that i ever actaully put any time into was the second one i think, ormaybe the first im not sure but it does a very movie like storyline, could very easily be a movie if they do it right like you said..

Siren is a fairly new game here in America. It may not be as popular yet in Canada. It is about a town in Japan (all the characters are Japanese too with Japanese names) where some wierd cult stuff happens and the dead walk and become "super-zombies" known as Shibito. I love this game, but some people don't like it too much. If you like silent hill and metal gear you will love this game. By the way the first Silent hill was for Playstation, all the rest are for Ps2. The third and fouth titles aren't completely set in silent hill either.