Foods you hate / dislike...

Externet

I can eat most of the things on that list if I have to, with maybe 4 exceptions (seafood, internal organs, peaches with the skin still on and tinned meat).

Sorry about the canned oyster spleens I sent you for Christmas. I opened some today and they had this fuzz all over them....

Green bell peppers.

What about the red, orange and yellow ones?

Sorry about the canned oyster spleens I sent you for Christmas. I opened some today and they had this fuzz all over them....

What about the red, orange and yellow ones?

I'm not fond of any of them, but can handle the others in small amounts mixed into a dish. Any perceptible amount of green pepper however would make it unpalatable. And its not like you can pick them out either, once they're in there, the taste permeates into everything else.

No foods I actively dislike - on the tomato theme, love them in all ways but sometimes gag when drinking gazpacho or having a bloody mary. As this soup is a real favourite of mine and I love bloody marys this is weird.

And to those non-Aussies and non-Anglos - you just gotta try marmite and/or vegemite; food of the gods on hot toast! A renowned thinker once claimed marmite could solve the israel palestine problem (unleavened bread all around - so no yeast, thus not enough zinc, thus feed the populace with boiled down brewers yeast ie marmite. I am not joking although maybe he was)

I'm not fond of any of them, but can handle the others in small amounts mixed into a dish. Any perceptible amount of green pepper however would make it unpalatable. And its not like you can pick them out either, once they're in there, the taste permeates into everything else.

I worked with a guy once who had a whole list of reasons why green bell peppers were an absurd thing to eat (they're not ripe, they're bitter, they're mostly water, etc). I found out about this when the company rented a house in Palm Springs so we could all attend a three-day conference. We stocked the shelves from the local grocery store but when it came time to make dinner that night we couldn't find the peppers we'd bought. This guy had hidden them and rattled off his whole list of reasons when we caught him out.

He was like you, he could detect even the smallest amount in his food. When it comes to what we like or don't like to eat, it's pointless to try to change someone's mind when they feel that strongly.

When it comes to what we like or don't like to eat, it's pointless to try to change someone's mind when they feel that strongly.

What always gets me is that after I tell someone I don't like green bell peppers they then respond with, "Oh, you don't know what you're missing!"

I mean, what do they think; that I developed a dislike for them without ever having tasted them?

What always gets me is that after I tell someone I don't like green bell peppers they then respond with, "Oh, you don't know what you're missing!"

I mean, what do they think; that I developed a dislike for them without ever having tasted them?

You'd surprised at just how many people do just that. I wouldn't touch Cauliflower until I was well into adult hood, it just looked nasty to me, now I love it and it is the center of some of my fav dishes I cook for myself...

That's the knee-jerk reaction, like we're going to be able to tell you something about them you hadn't considered. Or that you don't like them because you haven't had them The Way I Make Them.

• 3 weeks later...

..."Whelks, in my opinion have very little taste and lots of texture. Not good eating."....

Didn't anyone tell you to eat only what is inside of the shell ?

Eating only the outside may be tastier. :)

I hate cheese

You must leave now.

Anyway, there aren't many foods that I really don't like - I suppose I don't like mushrooms, nor am I keen on duck meat; I like pretty much every other type of meat and fish.

Oh, and I much prefer margarine on toast and in sandwiches than butter.