Attractive force a transfer of negative energy?

It's hard for me to imagine a pulling force. I cannot in my most maddenned of states bring myself to believe in a force that moves objects in the opposite direction to which it moves, so I have come up with this...

When EMR hits something, that something tends to heat up, and tends to move away from the source of the EMR. That was a particle with momentum, which it transfered to another particle. The particle hit by the EMR assumed part of its properties.

Now imagine the opposite and extreme version of that scenario. A particle is emitted by some matter. The particle then interacts with some more matter. This time, the particle assumes the properties of the other matter, and vice verse.

Now imagine this on the most minimal of scales, happenning constantly at almost every point in space. Gravitons move until they hit another particle, and they trade places, exactly the smallest point value possible from each other. The chain reaction would result in all the matter in a line from the point of origin flowing outward, and of course this would happen radially in all directions.

Obviously larger masses would produce more of these particles, as they radiate like EMR, pulling other masses in faster because of the higher volume of gravitons. More gravitons=more transitions/time.

This could also explain why you can outrun gravity, because while one graviton would only make a transition at one unit of space per interaction, mass can move at trillions and trillions of units of space per interaction. As you slow down, however, more transitions are allowed to happen. Gravitons still move at the speed of light, so eventually with enough gravitons, you could be brought back to the ground, accellerating all the way as you allow more and more gravitons to hit you.

See where I'm going with this? I seriously believe this to be quite possible.

This is interesting.

I think you've just given me a way of looking at gravitons that I can live with. I still perfer to think gravity is purely a force that pushes (one object sheilds the other from some of this force, thus net force changes), but your idea of gravitons makes sense too.

Very thought-provoking.