End Of The World 2012?

Nave

There is scientific to show that the poles will reverse. I think NOVA did a whole show about it. It is very interesting, they looked at how various layers of rock were magnetized.

We would probably die if the poles switched, since there would be no protection from solar rays pounding us with radiation in the several thousand year transition period when earth has several poles.

Fans of the reptilian/illuminati/omega group/astral plane and such believe that the end of the "cycle" (2012) is when the earth will move back into the fourth densitity and humanity will either become spiritually aware of its prescence in the astral plane or continue to be enslaved by the reptillians/demons/Bill Gates.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brianna

honestly i think this is a bunch of bs, this is what i found after research:

The Mayan Calendar is not predicting the end of the world 2012, but the start of a new era; the golden age. I can't say that i know that's true, but im hopeful, because really, i would like to live for more than 7 years. Im still young.

• 2 months later...
It would seem that Polaris will reach this totally arbitary "starting point" somewhere around 2012 AD. (By fudging the figures, you could probably go 100 years or so either side of this date.)

The starting point is not arbitrary, and you can't fudge it 100 years. On December 21st, 2012, the day of the Winter Solstice, the sun will be aligned with the "Great Rift" of the Milky Way Galaxy

Let me dispense my knowledge here, there world will end in 2012....no, form 2006 - 2012 the world will go into a bottle neck, any people will die, two super volcanos are suppose to explode, one in the states and one in india....comets are said to fall out of the sky. Lots of shits suppose to happen you can already see signs of it.....Mayan and Egyptian Calenders end on 2012 the bible codes say the ending days will start in 2006 but really it starts this year =)

Um....everything points to now! I done my research well over the years....now its time for me to end my broken post.

-- http://www.theafternow.com --

• 3 weeks later...

i had a dream that something was going to happen this JULY. I had a dream that a number of strangely clothed black soldiers were marching past a Roman stone structure. I was viewing this through a circle in the air and was facing a black police official while I saw all this happening. And he said "if david doesn't do anything about this...." and something about "JULY".

this connects with what Nalos said. If Nalos is correct about the end of the world starting this year then that would confirm it.

BUT...

A psychic said the end of the world will be some where around 3264. because now that the 7 years of peace is starting in the year 2005 after those years have ended then they say thats the beginning of when the "evil" peoples rule will come to an end which would be 7 years from now 2012. Either during that year or some years after it. Satan will be sealed up for a short time. Then jesus and his followers will rule the earth for 1,000 years. Satan wil be set free then some guys named Gog and Magog will decieve the nations of the earth again and make the nations war against each other again. THATS when the final battle of earth will begin. Some year around 3264 will be the end of the earth.

we'll have to wait and see what happens this year first because the new European Nations leader has said he would bring 7 years of peace. Just as the bible prophesies. That would lead to 2012, the end of peace. But again we'll have to wait and see what happens this JULY.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, new member here.

I was reading this thread, and thought I'd throw out a link that i found interesting on this subject. Not that I believe that something will happen on this date, but there are a lot of things predicted for around that date. Do some internet searches of "12/23/2012", "12/21/2012", polar shift 2012(no quotes), planet X 2012, and Mabus. Some interesting reading there. =)

Link to some interesting calculations on 2012.

http://www.worldofthestrange.com/nlv1360.html

In 2012 the next polar reversal will take place on earth. This means that the North Pole will be changed into the South Pole. Scientifically this can only be explained by the fact that the earth will start rotating in the opposite direction, together with a huge disaster of unknown proportions.

-from survive 2012.com

the only way the earth could start rotating in the other direction within the course of a year is if some massive torque was applied to the earth. (this is not going to happen)

It is very odd that i find myself here reading this thread. I have been looking into the links between science, religion and spirituality for years now and have found many an interesting thing (far too many to explain them all). But the one i deem most important at the moment is the fact that the a large proportion of the worlds spiritual (not religious, the churches would never let anybody think the world is going to end) community believes that there is going to be a time of awakening in...you guessed it...2012. Not only that but they seem to believe that the worlds population is going to drop significantly at that time. I also heard (although my sources are not greatly reliable) that about 6 years ago the magnetic north pole was moving through russia at a speed of 2inches per year whereas now it is more like 1km. Do not think me a spiritual wacko (although through my studies i have become very spiritual) I am purely science. But this does seem all a bit suspect, how can so many people think this. I highly doubt they all have knowledge of the polar phenomenon.

Two things:

1) Just because lots of people believe it doesn't make it any more true. Lots of people believe in God, too, but that doesn't lend any creedence at all to his existence (not that he does or not, but simply that number of followers is irrelevant)

2) Poleshifts have no significant correlation to extinction events in the fossil record. If they did cause some sort of "doomsday", we'd've seen evidence for it.

Mokele

I just want to reiterate that I have not made up my mind on what, if anything, may happen in 2012. The links I gave were just to give some examples of theories out there. There are way too many to list. I usually look up the source of each story to determine what, if any weight I want to give to it.

I just find it interesting that so many different sides (science/religion/spiritualists) believe that something will happen in 2012 or consider it a significant year. In my life, as I'm sure all of you have; I have heard that the world will end in my lifetime. So many times, so many predictions, and thankfully nothing. Out of all of the dates that have shown up and all of the end of time/cataclysm/major change theories, for some reason, this is the only one that concerns me....

It's the bandwagon effect. Consider how it works: one is motivated to predict the end of the world. What is the motivation?

1) To feel important. To provide a sense of power. (Knowledge is power.)

2) To sell a book and increase the rates for after dinner speeches.

3) To acquire followers and build a cult. (See 1, above)

4) To compensate for a dull, drab existence.

5) And so on....

Regardless, I now have to choose a date. By the way I happened across some old documents the other day, in latin, written, rather beautifully on parchment. A secret order of monks, based originally in the Auvergne, know when the world will end: March 18, 2173.

Now, you see the problem. Who cares. It's too far away. We'll all be dead. It has to be a convenient date within the next ten years or so. I've lost count of the number of world endings I've lived through in the last 50+ years. What I can tell you is nobody was talking up 2012, until the millenium was getting close and a couple 'spiritual people' started to panic, less catastrophe did not descend.

Examine the facts and you'll find the only one of significance is the Maya one, and it is more in the way of a New Year celebration than a cataclysm.

Rest easy.

I dunno, it could happen within my lifetime, according to the Farnsworth Principle of Doom:

"Yes, it's the apocalypse. I always thought I'd have a hand in it."

-Prof. Hubert Farnsworth

Close... the magnetic field of the sun will flip, not earth. This just happened a few years ago; it happens on a regular cycle.

Is this what causes the 11-year cycle, with "solar max" producing all the huge flares and coronal mass ejections and such? I've heard of it indirectly from my astrophysics friends back in college (because we were in college during the last solar max, evidently), but I don't really know much about it.

Mokele

lol the earth will start spinning the other way! i wonder if they've calculated the angular momentum of the earth, ITS HUGE! it would take one hell of a torque to change it as was said before. not to mention that the core is surrounded by liquid which means that if the crust starts spinning the other way the core could still be spinning the old way.