Lifter Technology possible??

amoda

Do you belive in lifter tech. ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you belive in lifter tech. ?

• Yes!! I know it works!! (actually did it)
    • No! i tried it and it dosen't work!!
    • Yes! it seems possible
    • Nah! it just dosen't seem true
    • No idea what your talking about/just don't care

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about lifter tech. In case you don't know what i'm talking about just go to google and search up "lifter" there are tons of sites to explain it. I personally belive it. I'm currently building my own lifter but i'm having trouble finding a powerfull energy source.

well, lots of people claim that it dosen't work. They always say its strings or something else basically they belive its a hoax. To answer how usefull it is we'll really need to put in some research by using goverment funding and etc. But lift tech. has been dismissed by most of the scientific community for some reason or another which means that reasearch on this topic is very slow.

there was a thread on this:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6831&page=1

apparently it works via ionic winds and DOES work... just the average person would not believe in a seemingly floating object, hence some disbeleif in it.

here's a good site on ionic wind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionic_wind

these things DO work... but as swansont said - are they actually useful?

• 3 months later...

Well somebody managed to lift a mouse as cargo with one of them devices. If you need to move mice then that's useful. But personally I think there can be a lot of improvement made, because it's not so much the current as it appears, but more a matter of very quickly pulsed high voltages that do the trick. But that's difficult to create using household engineering.

Yes, it works, just like an airplane, as long as there is air to displace to bear the weight of what you're lifting, they'll lift just fine. However there's nothing mystical or unexplained about them. Behold the wonders of air pressure.

If you need to move mice then that's useful. But personally I think there can be a lot of improvement made.......
Excellent. Mice today, rats tomorrow, an elephant next year. :) But will the elephant be white?

What it does demonstrate is that it will be a long time before we run out of things to invent and technology to develop.

• 2 months later...