102 error

Moontanman

this is the entire message I get, i have done what it recommends... the under lined was added by me, what ever site it is will be displayed where I have it underlined.... this has been going on for weeks now and more and more sites seem to be affected

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to (several sites) was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Here are some suggestions:
  • Reload this webpage later.
  • Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
  • Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
  • If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu >Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.

My first guess would be something is wrong with the websites. Does it happen consistently with a certain group of sites, or does it happen anywhere?

Hard to say, it has popped up on SFN a few times but some sites are 102 all the time, some come and go, sometimes a reload is all that is needed.

One site that I get this notice all the time from, it started about two months ago, I get mail from them all the time, PM notices, notices from the site, but two months ago i started getting a 102 error message, at first it was just occasionally but now it is all the time and other sites seem to be doing it more often as well.

Edited by Moontanman

Possibilities:

• Their websites are just dead.
  • Some sort of firewall software is preventing you from accessing them. (I'd recommend against just disabling a firewall, but check to see if it might try to block sites on a blacklist or something.)
  • Your ISP doesn't like the sites you visit.
  • Maybe you have an extension or addon to Chrome that is broken.

You could narrow it down by finding a site that doesn't work and testing it in another browser.

I have done a little investigating, it looks like it might be a chrome problem, but it has spread to AOL as well and IE on my computer. Firefox is supposed to work better but I don't have it. It started on chrome but now it does it on AOL and IE, only one site is a regular site for me and I still receive mail from there. My ISP could be at the heart of it but I honestly can't see why but you never know...

Moon

Try Comodo Dragon which you can have it use it's own secure servers...it's exactly like Chrome but more security featured. The server part filters for malware sites so you are warned about them. Using their servers might help or give a clue. You can import your Chrome settings and bookmarks by clicking on the dragon icon. It won't replace Chrome when you install it.

http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Moon

Try Comodo Dragon which you can have it use it's own secure servers...it's exactly like Chrome but more security featured. The server part filters for malware sites so you are warned about them. Using their servers might help or give a clue. You can import your Chrome settings and bookmarks by clicking on the dragon icon. It won't replace Chrome when you install it.

http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Thanks, I'll give that a try, i have no idea what is going on but i down loaded firefox and it set up in Russian language and refused to change... I had to uninstall it and run hitman then it down loaded correctly...

I seriously recommend at some point when you have some free time and focus you do a clean install and then image it. When you get puzzling moments like this you can often just overwrite the problem with a clean system or at ;least work with less variables...we do things unwittingly and inexplicable things occur over time that are bound to happen eventually. I'm having the same sort of problems but it's to do with locking my system down to tightly, with Hosts files and God knows what other tweaks I've done and forgotten and some website connections are being rejected...I do have the option of putting a new image on if I can't stand it any more though..only takes 25 minutes. :)

Well dragon didn't work either, probably forces at work here I should avoid.... I guess i could call my ISP and ask WTF... I don't think so... my fans will just have to miss me... eek.gif

I seriously recommend at some point when you have some free time and focus you do a clean install and then image it. When you get puzzling moments like this you can often just overwrite the problem with a clean system or at ;least work with less variables...we do things unwittingly and inexplicable things occur over time that are bound to happen eventually. I'm having the same sort of problems but it's to do with locking my system down to tightly, with Hosts files and God knows what other tweaks I've done and forgotten and some website connections are being rejected...I do have the option of putting a new image on if I can't stand it any more though..only takes 25 minutes. smile.png

my computer is so old and slow updating my viral program pegs out the cpu... at some point the struggle becomes futile...

Sounds like it's time to pull out some pennies for a new one. smile.png

Yeah as soon as I sell the old jeep I've been trying to restore i am planning on it... in three years I've managed to put about 1000 miles on it, have to get my priorities straight...