Looking for references

justinater22

I am fairly new to astronomy but very interested in learning all I can. Right now I'm on my own and teaching myself until I get to college. Does anyone have any references that can get me started in understanding. I have read a brief history of time and other simple books, but I know nothing about any of the math and I'm hoping to learn more in the topic of astronomy. Also I have been outside with a telescope looking around. I found some planets and major star constellations. But I'm curious in what else I can look for and maybe some books showing me what I'm even looking at.

Greatly appreciated thank you!

Edited by justinater22

I remember the time when I begun my astronomical observations, one brilliant book that covers a wide range of subjects on this topic: The Backyard Astronomer's Guide by Terence Dickinson & Alan Dyer. After the years, this remains at the front line in my library. Highly recommended.