static electricity

kama kapoor

can we store static electricity in any form like with the help of rechargeable batteries, if possible pl let me know how?

"Static Electricity" is not really any different to any other sort of electricity. The name is historic and relates to how the electricity was generated. These Van der graaf generators and Whimshurst machines are merely creating high voltage electricity. (Note that I have given you (bold) names that you can Google for pictures and more info.)

A Van der Graaf generator, for example, generates high voltage (DC) by friction and stores it on a big globe or sphere. It is really just a big capacitor. You could, theoretically, store this electrical energy in a battery. The problem is one of scale. Consider a car battery. These are lead-acid rechargeable batteries. To get 12V you have 6 lots of 2V cells wired together. A Van der Graaf generator might be running at 30,000V. You would need 15,000 cells to hold that much voltage. Not very convenient.:eek:

can we store static electricity in any form like with the help of rechargeable batteries, if possible pl let me know how?

It depends on how you are making static electricity. If u're making static electricity by rubbing it, it will stay in that object. But different factors like humidity, etc.

But you can charge a capacitor and keep it too. Plastics ( i don't know which type) can store static electricity for very long time.But we can't discharge it whenever we need. It will be useless.

static electricity is electricity lol caused from rubbing and other causes, not any different from regular electricity