Conservation of energy

sanishku

Dear Sir/Friends,

I was just observing the functioning of a wind mill to generate electricity(Conversion of mechanical energy to electrical energy). If so, my question is , Can't we generate electricity from fan while it is running so that the mechanical energy while the fan is rotating can be converted into electrical energy ?

Please correct me if iam wrong ...

Thanks & Regards,

Anish

Dear Sir/Friends,

I was just observing the functioning of a wind mill to generate electricity(Conversion of mechanical energy to electrical energy). If so, my question is , Can't we generate electricity from fan while it is running so that the mechanical energy while the fan is rotating can be converted into electrical energy ?

Please correct me if iam wrong ...

Thanks & Regards,

Anish

Yes, you can generate electricity from the fan so that some of the energy can be converted into electrical energy. But why would you want to?

• 2 weeks later...

i still wondering why.... lets say,,, two rare earth magnets that repel each other cant make energy? and store it :) its constant.

The magnets would repel once,to repeat it you would have to use the same energy to push the magnets back together,so that they can repel again.There is no net gain of energy.

• 2 weeks later...

The energy (consider it our muscular energy) that is required to put the magnets close together could be same(only with zero friction) or more than the energy that is captured (when the magnets repel.)

also mostly the muscular energy spent in putting the magnets close together will be more than the energy gained (when the magnets repel).because as we bring the magnets close to each other they also exert a negative force or a opposite force(magnetic force) to our muscular force.............So.we need to over come that negative force to bring the magnets together..............which takes more energy.

Dear Sir/Friends,

yes this can be done but it increases friction and thereby slightly reducing the speed of the fan.

• 1 year later...