"Real" Dreams

midnightxcrisis

If two people imagined- (i) the same dream-(some named function) as each other and also at the same time, was it real?

It very possibly was real and did happen, but that does not mean there was any human interaction "made." It's something called coincidence, and happens all of the time, actually.

I encourage you to watch this video entirely, but the comments about dreams start at about 2 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OTsYfTt-c

• 2 weeks later...

Define 'real'.

Like waking experience, dreams take place in the brain. The difference is that the sense impressions in dreams are internally generated while in waking they are provoked through the sense organs. Whether or not a dream experience is shared by another dreamer has no impact on the reality of the dream itself, though it does have interesting implications.

While I have never knowingly experienced a shared dream, some claim they have. Try searching Dreamviews.

The difference is that the sense impressions in dreams are internally generated while in waking they are provoked through the sense organs.

I know what you're trying to say, but this is not really accurate. The impressions you discuss are all registered and interpreted in the nervous system regardless of source and state of wakefulness. I think it's perhaps more accurate to say that our sense organs can impact the expression of our neural activity, which is itself impacted by many different things. This is more clear than discussing where things are "generated" or "provoked" IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My guess would be it's something to do with brainwaves or telekinesis in some way. Something we havn't discovered yet. I Mean i regularly have dreams that i dont remember. Then In real life, Il see something happen , and know whats going to happen next, The longest period this has happened for is about 10 seconds after I get the deja vu and say "Iv'e seen this before" . It's weird because it all comes back to me then, And i can remember that it was a dream. So if anyone can explain how my dreams which are something completely fiction, can see the future, or things that haven't happened yet. . Im all ears.

My guess would be it's something to do with brainwaves or telekinesis in some way. Something we havn't discovered yet. I Mean i regularly have dreams that i dont remember. Then In real life, Il see something happen , and know whats going to happen next, The longest period this has happened for is about 10 seconds after I get the deja vu and say "Iv'e seen this before" . It's weird because it all comes back to me then, And i can remember that it was a dream. So if anyone can explain how my dreams which are something completely fiction, can see the future, or things that haven't happened yet. . Im all ears.

If one were observing the behavior of a group of children, it's likely that their activities could trigger a recollection of some incident or situation from one's own childhood, an incident or situation that you may occasionally have dreamt about when you were older. I know in my own case that I've watched children and then thought to myself "I know what's going to happen next..." Sometimes I'm right, sometimes not.

i regularly have dreams that i dont remember. Then In real life, Il see something happen , and know whats going to happen next, The longest period this has happened for is about 10 seconds after I get the deja vu and say "Iv'e seen this before" . It's weird because it all comes back to me then, And i can remember that it was a dream. So if anyone can explain how my dreams which are something completely fiction, can see the future, or things that haven't happened yet. . Im all ears.

The most likely explanation is not that you can see the future in your dreams, but instead when that experience actually takes place there is an encoding error and the stimuli are mistakenly transcribed into the parts of your brain more associated with long-term memory. As the event takes place, it's mistakenly perceived as a memory from a dream. This is much more likely than you actually dreamed the future and it then actually happened. We do not know for certain, but this strikes me as the most likely and plausible explanation.

Very glad to see this thread.

Two different people, having the same dream. This could raise alot of question.

I have had the same dream as my mom before. I'm sure alot of people have had similar nightmares.

I always heard about the showing up to school in your underwear dream, never had it but I did dream I got on the bus in my underwear once.

A universal conscience or something sketchy like that? maybe.

Or could it be, could it possibley happen to be that you and I are not so different, that we are the same species. That our brains are so alike that what people say is something like ESP, is actually just 2 very similar brains incurring upon information and leading to the same result.

Now just gonna throw this in there. My father died when I was 5, he was shot in the stomache. I had a dream that a rock flew through the windsheild of his truck and hit him in the stomache, woke up. he wasn't in his truck btw although he did drive his truck to where he got shot. Ran to his room, ran to the livingroom. Whole family was their, I aksed where my dad was. My aunt told me he had passed and I asked her if a rock hit his tummey. I was too young to even fully understand what passing away meant.

For the longest I rolled this around in my head, finally. I think my subconscious brain may have overheard them talking while I was asleep and I dreamt it.

If you think hard and long enough, their is usually a more logical explanation for things.

I think were all so much alike that we don't realize because of our perceptions and egos and such. I think our brains interpret information much of the way everyones else does.