Google Redirect

Jordan14

Yeah I have to go to the link on the bottom of google saying Google in English and it leads me to http://www.google.com the real one this time. However in the bottom of google there's alway the link saying go to google in deushland (sp). I thought that there might be a problem with google, or maybe there was some virus or something on my comp that puts up a page that is supposed to be google but infact it's not the real one. Any more ideas?

I have a nice link here that I hope is going to solve my problem, at first I thought it was CWS but as I said I ran CWShredder so I missed out all these links and i left me with this about a person that e-mailed google it's wortha visit if it happens to someone else. The redirection system for google is pretty rubbish:

http://www.lexiline.com/andiskaulins/blog/2003/09/stopping-google-redirection-in-foreign.htm

Go to google.com and look at your google settings; that might explain it.

Yes that's the problem. You have to change your settings to reflect your language. If you are using a proxy server it will usually direct you to the Google page that the proxy is located in.

Yes that's the problem. You have to change your settings to reflect your language. If you are using a proxy server it will usually direct you to the Google page that the proxy is located in.

No it isn't!

It's a new(ish) policy of Google to re-direct according to your location. It says that in the link that Jordan14 posted and it ties in with all of Google's other localisation of searches.

"It's a new(ish) policy of Google to re-direct according to your location. It says that in the link that Jordan14 posted and it ties in with all of Google's other localisation of searches."

Sure seems like it. I've been wondering why I'm always redirected to the .fi version. Not that I'd have a problem with it, just been wondering. :P

ever since i formatted my computer a few days ago... i set my homepage as google.com and every time is comes up with google.co.uk

im ok with that as .co.uk has a .everything search as default (and then there's a seperate .uk only search)

just thought i'd mention it though.