Perpetual motion - undeniable proof

Semjase

Concerning the first video, the universe has been moving about 13.7 billion years and it is not considered a PPM. Friction will slow all machines down eventually.The second one probably has a hidden battery or energy storage. Not convincing but cool.

Edited by Nobrainer

These two videos prove that perpetual motion does exist.

"Proof" is not something science looks for. These two videos are questionable even as supportive evidence.

FYI, assertions like this automatically cause the science-minded to raise their skeptic shields.

I find it very annoying that those beautifully made machines are used to promote dodgy perpetual motion claims. Here is a quote from veproject1.org

Perpetual Motion Machines

The term perpetual motion, taken literally, refers to movement that goes on forever. However, perpetual motion usually refers to a device or system that delivers more energy than was put into it. Such a device or system would be in violation of the law of Conservation of Energy, which states that energy can never be created or destroyed, and is therefore deemed impossible by the laws of physics. Our working models assist us to better explain the impossibility of Perpetual Motion. It's excellent tool to discuss first and second Laws of Thermodynamics, Hydrostatic equilibrium Law, Law of Gravity, efficiency, friction,

As is clear from the above, the creator and exhibitor understands the science and is trying to educate people away from believing in perpetual motion. I would whole-heartedly recommend a viewing of the lovely machines that have been made from drawings of da Vinci

It is possible to build PMM, I have done it already. I have applied patent (not for PMM) but PMM is byproduct of the invention. You can thank Iodine, when she gave me a ban :) I was almost releaving my experiment on ether, which has a big part in my invention. During the ban, I got informed that I shouldn't disclose my experiment because of patent laws.

Edited by illuusio

It is possible to build PMM, I have done it already. I have applied patent (not for PMM) but PMM is byproduct of the invention. You can thank Iodine, when she gave me a ban :) I was almost releaving my experiment on ether, which has a big part in my invention. During the ban, I got informed that I shouldn't disclose my experiment because of patent laws.

It's taking the PRH a long time to let you know you don't meet the requirements for patentability. In the US, perpetual motion is one of the first things that gets your application kicked out.

My understanding is the the USPO doesn't , strictly speaking, ban patents on perpetual motion machines.

They just ask you to set a model going in their office and come back in a year's time.

Of course, it may be that now with a better understanding of physics, and the fact that I can buy a cheap battery operated watch that will pass that test, they have changed.

Incidentally, at the bottom of those videos is a control marked "quality" I tried changing it, but the video was still rubbish.

Edited by John Cuthber

It's taking the PRH a long time to let you know you don't meet the requirements for patentability. In the US, perpetual motion is one of the first things that gets your application kicked out.

I did not applied patent for PMM. It just happens to be a byproduct.

It appears to be one of the few things where you have to have a working prototype rather than just present a description.

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2011/10/11/the-patent-law-of-perpetual-motion/id=19828/

!

Moderator Note

Does it extract energy from your hijacking of threads? Because that energy does seem inexhaustible.

You only get to discuss your speculations subjects in your own threads in speculations. No place else. Those are the rules. Unfortunately for you, you neglected to follow the rules too many times and your thread got locked.

Responding to this in this thread will be considered another thread hijack and a rules violation.