Flu Advice

YT2095

• 2 months later...

something else I`ve found out that maybe helpfull.

while I was doing a little research on trace elements for plants, Zinc is not only important for plants, but for US too, it aides healing, the immune system, and is pressent in roughly 300 different Enzymatic actions within our bodies.

Vit C is helpfull, but Zinc is Really good! when you have a Flu :)

Every time I feel a sniffle coming on, I down OJ by the gallon and take a lot of zinc supplements. It always seems to kill off whatever is trying to attack me. I actually haven't been 'sick' in a little over a year now. So I must be doing something right. (Either that or all my elements have effectively sterilized my room. lol). :D

my parents own a natural food and vitamin/mineral shop, and I used to work there back in the day. Im by no means certified in the field, however i have read every single one of our books on the subject of natural medicine. basically it comes down to statistics suggesting that a regular supply of herbal supplements improves overall health, nutrition, performance, etc, depending on what you are working towards. however there are plenty of cases where seemingly no effect was noticable on the subject. you see it really depends on you. Ive taken many various supplements for many different reasons over the years, and have myself been most satisfied with the results. but as i said, alternative medicine may not be for everyone; it is worth a shot though. i mean, it doesnt hurt.

YT, quick question: Do they make amoxycillian taste as good in the u.k as they do in the u.s?

these were in Capsule form (gelatine based) so you don`t really get the chance to taste much of anything in all honesty.

All the Amoxycillan I've ever had here in the USA was a pink powder that tasted HORRIBLY bitter. I'd have to put it in a bunch of applesauce just to get it down, and even then it was nasty.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently battling something which I'm not sure whether or not it's the flu or a REALLY horrendous cold. On Thursday of last week I felt great. Lots of energy, no signs of any impending illness. I woke up on Friday with an incredibly sore throat and just a feeling of 'blah'. As the day went on, the sore throat got worse and worse and I noticed that it began to hurt when I took a breath. As evening approached, I began to cough and couldn't stop for minutes at a time. It was really freaking me out how quickly whatever this is came upon me. I was actually driving home from work when it really took me on and my mental capacities started to fluctuate. I was passing by a medical clinic so I stopped in to get looked at. They asked me a bunch of things, took my temperature, listened to my lungs, swabbed my throat, etc. etc. They came back and said that it appeared as if I had a flu but they couldn't conclusively say that. So they gave me a bunch of OTC cold/flu medicines and some antibiotics. I took the stuff they gave me and pretty much slept the entire weekend. My chest hurt, my head hurt, my temperature was elevated and I had ZERO energy. So I spent the entire weekend in bed eating ice-cream, taking cold/flu medicine, and drinking gallons of orange juice while eating large quantities of chicken soup. I slept all day on Saturday and for a good portion of Sunday. Last evening, just as soon as the symptoms came on, they began to go away. The coughing stopped and my energy returned. The headache is gone and my fever has subsided. I still have a little bit of tightness in my chest, but it's not a constant pain like it was this weekend. I have a little bit of a stuffed up nose and sinus passage, but the sore throat has subsided as well. Perhaps the only thing still left is a somewhat impaired mental capacity as I have been spacing out all day long and can't concentrate on too much. They could also be a side effect of all the medicines I'm taking to relieve the symptoms. Still, I'm not really sure what it is that I have. I figure that a flu would last a LOT longer than just over the weekend, but I don't think that a plain old cold would cause the fever, coughing, chest pain, weakness, headache, and other ailments that were affecting me. I'm just happy right now that the worst part of it appears to be over as this entire weekend was utter hell.