density and solution

daniton

Is there any relation between density of a solution and the solute in a solution?may be like Raoult law.

Simply saying.

Can we make it with small spheres?

Non-polar, non-polar and similar molecular solution is suitable that case.

In this case, there is no interactions existance between solution and solute.

Is there any relation between density of a solution and the solute in a solution?may be like Raoult law.

Yes, there are: the complicated thermodynamic models (such as UNIFAC, NRTL, etc) try to approach the density.

The theory of "thermodynamic excess properties" explains this a bit, and there is such a thing as excess volume, which describes the non-ideality of a mixture.

But in all fairness, you're much better off to just look up the density in a book or online.

A good keyword in your search is a "binary mixture" (a mixture of two components). Searching for density of a binary (liquid) mixture might reveal something.

Are you looking for any solution in particular, or only the general rule?

NaCl / water solutions will be in some books or maybe even online. If you have access to it, try Perry's Chemical Engineering's Handbook (check in the index for density of inorganic aqueous solutions). They list the density for different temperatures and different concentrations.

I don't think I am allowed (copyright law) to copy the whole table onto a public forum though. Sorry.

Here's a list for different concentrations at 25 degrees Celsius.

As I said, looking it up in a book or online is generally much faster than trying to learn the (nasty) theory. :)

I am actually a professional in these things. Take it from me that this is the method everybody uses.